Thursday, March 11, 2010

Reflections on a Train Ride

Well, another week comes to a close. Why does time have to pass so fast. I want a lazy slow day that you can enjoy. I wonder if I should start saying "no" more often. The Church's multimedia project moves right along with a lot remaining to accomplish. Our Lenten Bible Study is great though the dynamics did change a bit with the addition of more people. More people means more ideas and thoughts and that is good.

This weekend we will be attending the "Weekend To Remember" conference in Reston Va. Our best friends are also attending so that means we will have a great time. What should I do for "Date Night" on Saturday? The best part is that this weekend is all free.

I booked my trip to Reno this week and now all I have to do is wait. This will be the first time in many years that I will travel to Reno alone. That realization generated a lot of thoughts of Dad's trips with me. He loved that train ride just as I do. Another thought was of George and his last trip with me. We talked so much that week, and a lot of it was personal, if I could have known that 8 weeks later he would be gone, ... well, I don't know. I have been making this annual trip since 1991, Toledo Ohio started it all and this year it will be #19. As I think of the years past I realize how much it has impacted my life, my memories, and my thoughts. My wish was that everyone in my life could experience that trip with me. I thinks bonds are formed and strengthened to withstand life's pressures. It is almost like a pilgrimage that occurs the last weekend in March.

Bowling on Sunday is going well. Lew is very consistent but that last game each week is a challenge as the attention spans decrease and the kids start playing and goofing around. Sunday Night league is a challenge as we are stuck in the middle of the pack. The team chemistry has changed a lot since George last bowled. We are competitive but that last piece we need to breakout and climb up to the top has been found yet.

The house is quiet and #1 and #2 continue as usual. No new words when it comes to employment ... so the spring jobs I have planned now have ready workers available. Lew and Lil Princess are a blessing and watching them grow up is fantastic. Lil Princess is becoming such a little lady, you just want to hold her and say "stop growing up." Yes, she has an attitude but that also makes her lovable. Lady is busy with the Church Easter Egg project. The house always has the smell of chocolate, coconut, and peanut butter wafting about. The diet was blown with all the samples laying about just begging to be consumed. Wild Mom is getting ready for camp next week and that is one of the highlights she looks forward too. About 4 weeks till Lady and I visit her and I go to my 40th High School reunion. has it been that long? Can't be, I am only 22!!

No comments: