Friday, March 05, 2010

Heading for a Warmer Day

Well, it is Friday already and it doesn't feel like it. They predict the weather will be extra nice (50's) so we can keep our fingers crossed. It seems like we had something to do every night this week. Meetings, Bible Study (x2), Computer work, and then the reading and study to support the Bible Study. What ever happened to the nights you could come home and watch TV and then be bored? We find so much stuff to cram into every minute of our day. No wonder we burn out. Looking forward to Saturday as we venture to El Agave for a great lunch. Starr is supposed to come along. We found a great little restaurant has very good pizza's ... I can't wait to go back and try them again. Everything is fresh and not cooked down into a crusty topping.

Next weekend is the "Weekend To Remember" in Reston, so we will be out of pocket Friday through Sunday. #1 and #2 still are looking. #1 even managed to help around the house this week ... Miracle? Lew and Lil Princess will be over Saturday Night and liven the place up. They are guaranteed to undo all the cleaning that Lady has done to this point. She is still limited by her knee which acts up quite often and painfully at times. Her doctor appointment is Tuesday so hopefully she will get some relief then. But it is funny to see Lil Princess do something she is not supposed too, then Lady goes to get her and Lil Princess runs down the stairs ... because Nana can't go down there with her knee. Don't you just love it! Now that most the snow is gone ... I can see the mess my yard is in ... lots of work to do! I did lose one section of fence so I will have to get out there and fix it ... that is once the mud goes away. Work is the same. It gets hard getting up to commute in ... shoot, I even preferred the Dentist one morning. Times change and sadly we change even slower. Only two more weeks until I head for Reno on the train. I so look forward to that trip every year. Lots of cat naps, reading, and just watching the countryside rolling by. I wish everyone could experience that once ... shoot I probably would even pay for it once. The computer work is picking back up. The downside is that it consumes what little free time I do have ... but the money is nice.

When asked if I regret anything? I answered "only that I didn't do a better job than I did."

Thought for the Day: Remember that being a Christian is a life-long journey toward benefiting others in Christ. Don't expect to be free from sin and error overnight and do not judge yourself or others harshly. Maintain good morals and good habits that glorify God in your body in everyday life --- not to brag or boast, but to glorify God.

1 comment:

Starr said...

YAY! We are heading there shortly to join you guys for El Agave! Love you!