Monday, August 04, 2008

A Real Yawner

Well, another weekend flew by and left very little evidence that it was there. Well, maybe except for the dirty house as the cyclones roared about. We stayed busy ... amazing how 2 toddlers and 1 kid will make time disappear. Some of the time was spent on the deck as Lady got a small pool for them to splash all the water out of. Just sitting on the deck meant you got wet. We ate at our favorite places and even managed to go see "Dark Knight." Let me see, now what do I want to go an see? Lady and Lew will go see Wall-E this afternoon. One more week of youth bowling and I will be glad for it. But the Fall leagues start in four weeks ... no rest for the weary I guess. I need to send in my money for Nationals in Vegas next March. That is only 7 months away. Gee, that means the cruise is less than 6 months now ... that I can not wait to get here ... sitting on the islands always generates dreams of retiring there. Lew, Lil Princess, and AJ were their usual selves and full of life. Sometimes they were all crying at the same time. Lil Princess is starting to imitate sounds ... I am glad I am older for she will break quite a few hearts one day. Work shows no change. More jobs and less time or people to do them. It will be interesting as the sales staff gets smaller. I hate selling so don't even think of that. Cheng will take a couple weeks off so that will keep me busy until he returns from his boon dongle. I put the caddy in the shop for all its inspections and work .. so I get to drive the pick-up for a few days. There was a rumors of a football game this weekend, but with the Redskins playing it was more like a coed flag football game ... a real laffer if you could stay awake. The Braves are having a bad year but even so, the Nationals are 10 games behind them ... how embarrassing. Demote them to Single A ball and someone go out and buy a better team ... the Florida Marlin's owner knows how.

No comments: