Friday, August 08, 2008

Thoughts of a Swell Time

I am looking forward to a quiet weekend but you can never tell if it will be until it is too late. With Cheng on vacation until the 25th, I get to be on call for everything at the station. It is amazing how quickly things happen at times like these. This weekend is the last week of Youth bowling. We will most likely wind up 4th but everyone had a good time. If you are not busy on September 7th, you can come and hear me speak at Church. Besides, if I have to wake up early then you should have too. The week has been uneventful and went fairly quickly. We did take the youngest daughter out to eat for her 19th birthday on Wednesday night. peanut, AJ, and Lady were there to celebrate. I couldn't talk her into a movie afterwards. AJ is growing like a weed and starting to develop a personality. He still hasn't managed to roll over yet but oh does he come close. He drools all the time and a towel is standard equipment now if you hold him. So far no jobs for anyone on the home front. You know, it must be the water for surely it can't be the effort. Weekends mean yard work ... so that will be the order of the day tomorrow provided it doesn't rain. Lady's boss is on vacation too, so her workplace is really quiet. She even managed to go in late this morning. Let me see, what will it take to get her to retire? Wild mom is doing fine and already adding to the list. Hopefully, I will be able to get down there soon and get a few things done. We checked into riding the train across Canada and that is expensive ... about $2100 per person. Shoot, we could do two cruises for that much. We need to book another by December but we haven't figured out where too yet. It is time to get the brochure down and study it I paid my USBC Nationals entry fee this week ... so Vegas here I come. Gee, I wonder who is up to going there for a few days.

###### ##### #####

  • Finally, Favre is moving on and maybe the news will include something else.
  • Preseason football, oh boy.
  • I have finally found a way to not hear any election news ... I turned the TV off. I watched Animal Planet for a while but now they keep showing Animal Cops all the time and I am tired if that series.
  • I haven't followed or plan to follow the Olympics ... Chinese isn't my cup of tea.
  • I haven't seen any Golf lately ... if they are going to make someone Player of The Year and they have been hurt half of the year ... then obviously, there is nothing exciting worth watching.
  • The Tour has been over a few weeks and no doping scandal ... maybe we are over the hurdle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vegas?....Im in!....<3 Peanut