Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Squirt

Well, things are relelatively quiet on the home front. A lot of what I write about is generated from activities at home and it has been quiet there for a while. Work is busy since a certain 2 people have left. I have inherited one of their jobs. That should prove interesting since they made it a full time effort and now it is considered an additional duty for me. Cheng is having fun and should be back next week. My home computer is down right now and hopefully I will get it back up soon. The bill collectors have this funny idea I must pay them every month or they get lonely and call me. This Sunday we start a new season on the Sunday Night Adult league. 36 weeks of fun as we try and stay close to the top of the pack. We will miss bowling with George but it is time to move on and make him proud. The Youth league starts September 7 and that one is still under consideration if I will participate. The biggest obstacle is finding two kids who want to have fun and learn something about the game. Wild Mom is enjoying the rain from the tropical storm and is getting a lot of free lawn watering ... now she will change her sonny-do list to cutting the lawn as the grass explodes in a growth spurt. It never ends. Lady continues her normal routine and is looking forward to the weekend trips we have planned. Buying some new clothes has also helped. No change for #1 or #2. We did hear from some old friends after about 15 years. They tracked us down through the internet so it will be interesting to see where this leads if it does anything at all. Peanut and AJ continue to fill a large spot in our life. AJ is rolling over now and talking to us in that magical baby language that every adult knows .... goo goo and gaa gaa. Peanut isn't half bad as a cook. She has been fixing dinner quite often and I know Lady likes that. Come on guys, what more could you want ... pretty, smart, has a great little boy, is a good cook and most of the time she is a lot of fun to be around. The line starts over there ----> Lew and Serenity continue to grow like weeds. Serenity is walking very good now with only occasional stumbles ... heck, even I stagger once in a while. Oops ... shouldn't admit that. The church has loaded up our calendar for the fall. So that will make our Sundays very busy. I love this window in my office as the sidewalk scene offers me a chuckle almost every day. I could easily see myself being retired and sitting at the mall all day just watching people walk by. Boy could I have an interesting and challenging blog doing that. Like right now, some lady heading to work came flying around the corner only to have her feet and shoes sprayed by the maintenance guy washing the sidewalk off with a water hose. Sorry, no fight but there were words. Let me see, he is pulling the hose along the sidewalk now ... will he trip someone or loop the hose around their foot and pull them down ... hum! Ok, no problem ... the cars backed up to get into the parking garage just parked on the hose ... stopping any more wet downs. Maybe he will check the hose nozzle for blockage when the car moves off the hose!!!

No comments: