Monday, May 14, 2007

Damn the Torpedos -- Full Speed Ahead

Stop the World and let me off! I hate merry-go-rounds especially when there is a 6-act drama being shown as the entertainment to distract you from life.

This weekend was enlightening as to just how different my generation and those of the kids differ. I was disappointed and pondered quite a bit on why have things derail. Where did we give up what seemed so right? Were we wrong and therefore we are the odd exception? I believe in respect but what I see is a disregard for privacy and respect. Pride alone should kick in but pride appears to be squashed in favor of friendship and companionship. My dad always pointed it out to me to let my word be my bond. Now days it seems to be lost in translation. Oh well, I know in my heart I am right about what I believe.

Wild Mom is off to Hawaii for a couple of weeks. We all envy her and wished we could tag a long. I cannot wait to see her in a grass skirt and coconuts. Paradise Lost? It must be nice to get a free cruise and do your most favorite hobby at the same time. Perhaps we will get a short note from her that is if she is not sunburned too much.

Lady had her weekend just as she liked it. Lunch and flowers on Friday. Missy, Peanut, Princess, and Critty all went with her to the Sisters in Christ banquet. They ate, played games and generally goofed off. Afterwards, we had ice cream in which Lew made a mess. It was ok until he started blowing ice cream through a straw and turning the ground white. Sunday was the Bowling pay-off and then dinner at Ruby Tuesday with Carl, Lynne, Paul and Connie. Lunch had been fixed for her so she napped the afternoon away.

#1 is getting ready for another inventory check. The plans are forming to search for a smaller apartment and naturally a lower price. I guess he has not convinced a snow-bunnie to move in yet and pay half.

#2 is beating the brain cells together as he figures out how to make some spending money for the cruise in December. Job comes to my mind very quickly. But then again, all parents are on a different wavelength when it comes to kids.

Peanut continued her move in with the addition of a chest of drawers and her computer. Essential things for all young Ladies. Her first week of her job was a success and now we get to look forward to her first paycheck next Friday. Everyone get your hands out. We also went car shopping and as usual, she found one on each lot that she just had to have. Now we have to knock that list down a bit.

Princess was cleared back to the station, which she promptly did on Friday night. Sunday she fixed lasagna for dinner. My next goal will be to have her meet my aunt and learn the secrets of making Lasagna. I would drive to Florida just to eat some. Booger spent the bulk of the weekend on my bad side. How did I get so lucky to spend so much quality time with him? Let’s bury him next week and see if he likes being a mole.

No comments: