Monday, November 06, 2006

Still A Kickin

Sorry about not writing sooner but the flu has kicked me every which way but loose and is still trying to hit a few dark corners before he gives up. My energy is like a fizzling sparkler and my motivation is like a lead sled with a boat anchor dragging behind.

Work is still the same. At one site, the mail server and the domain server went down together. It picked the day when I was there by myself. These parts of the network were controlled by the 3rd party site but my new servers and site did not go down and wound up bailing them out but I created a whole lot of work for myself. It is fun watching some people go into panic mode and won't sit down for a moment and rationally think about what is the best way to recover. I could have made better time during the recovery if they would have just backed off and trusted me to do the right thing. I really wonder if it is worth all this.

The physical last week went well, at least a lot better than Bubba's. I won't get my final grade for it until the 28th so there is more to come at some point. Bowling this weekend went well but could have been better. Hanging in 2nd in one league and 3rd in the other. Tomorrow is voting day so I will have to figure out how to handle this so I can vote and still get downtown quickly and not loose too much time given the disaster today.

Wild Mom: Getting anxious for us to get down there on the 15th. I can imagine the sonny-do list size already. I wind up working harder on my vacation than I do at work. But for some wild unexplained reason it is worth it. Only Lady and I will be going down there as all the other kids have a million excuses why they can't. I am disappointed and too tired to fight over it, and to let it mess my time up, but I also know it is their loss, a major loss. With Dad gone now, I intend to cherish what few moments I do get to spend with Wild Mom. Why do we learn this lesson too late when those moments are lost forever?

Lady: Avoiding me so she won't get sick too. She is recovering from a weekend with Lew. There is no down time or rest time with him about.

#1: Doing fine in Snowland. The new job is coming along and by now he should be working on his own and taking control of the inventory. Now I just need him to get the cell phone costs under control.

#2: Same - Same. Though he did finally go to church (the reason he quit weeks ago). Good thing is Christie is back in control of him and will smack he a few good times and hopefully re-orient him.

Princess: She had a fun time this weekend on a run to "one of Prince William County's worst accidents" in a long time. No, sorry the water buffalo didn't jack-knife and had to be cooked down with napalm. This one was real and really bad. She was tired the rest of the weekend and slept a lot. So the puppy requests tapered off for a while. We are getting close to 2 months and no major scratches on her car. Oh, that gorgeous knock out of a Lady I saw at the wedding has gone only to be replaced but a blue clad work dungaree person (Fire House clothes). I knew it was too good to be true.

Brother #1: Any more eye tests on hold till the New Year. His next big test is when Wild Mom gets there and finds out he is goofing off and she gets on his case.

I am tired and it is almost dinner time. Hug someone today if you haven't and spend some time with them as if they really mean something. The moment will be gone in a breath.

No comments: