Monday, November 27, 2006

Jeeper -- By Golly

As I sat here all fat, dumb and happy after the Holidays and writing my second post of the day, I can’t help but reflect. I wish I could find a way to really make a difference but all I seem to do is get more frustrated with the antics of some real knuckleheads. Choosing between Pumpkin Pie and Sweet Potato casserole is easier.

A friend just can’t keep the monster in his pants. He is always looking for a reason to dump the marriage and then his poor wife out of confusion makes the sad statement of “We might as well divorce if we won’t try harder to make this work.” This blockhead has the house up for sell within 24 hours. He was waiting for the door to crack open. And as for the Lady he is after, she ought to know better that if he can’t keep it under control, what makes her the one to get him to stop. Sadly, she jumps from E-harmony to a married man waiting for a reason to jump ship. How long till she will be the one wondering “If we don’t try harder … ?“

I love the people who assume that if I accept you as part of the extended family that everyone in my family must also accept or see you that way. Excuse me, but only blood and legal status makes that assumption true. Don’t get mad and grouse at me because the other person sees it differently. And shame on you for assuming too much. Boy, does the turkey go down harder when that crap comes down.

Thanksgiving, I am so thankful for a lot this year. There were sad times but the good times far outweighed everything. As I reflect over this holiday, certain friends come to mind and I only wish them the best.

-- Lady. 31 years? It seems like yesterday. Can we dance another 31?

-- Carl and Lynne. I wouldn’t trade a minute of our time together this past year. You are a friend that is priceless.

-- My Writing partner. How I miss those stories to challenge me to write more and better. I know her life is twisting more than a Texas Tornado but the dream of writing stories still survives. I am still here and hurry back. Get that old man here so I can give him a tour of “The Wall.”

-- BT, yes I do still consider him a friend. We didn’t always see eye-to-eye but we did see. Maybe one day we will cross the blades in a spar that will rivet the spectators as we once did.

-- Blue. Hurry that rig back on this side of the world, knowing you is more fun than the Roller Coaster at Kings Dominion.

-- The Kids. Matthew, Michael, Jessi, Missy, Josh, Vicky, Toy. What can I say but I am Happy and love each one of you. May be I should just refer to this crowd as MMJMJVT. Is there a limit to how long this list gets? And will the fun increase as much?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you so much Dad, I am so thankful for you and Mom and my brothers and sisters that words can't describe!

Anonymous said...

I love you daddy!!! Thank you for being a wonderful loving father to me!! i dont know what i do without my daddy!!
love you daddy!!!
Princess