Sunday, November 27, 2005

Update 7

Paul's Update:

Dear Friends -- Another pretty good day. :-) When Carl and I arrived today we found that Paul had been completely removed from the respirator. Now he is breathing on his own!! Praise God! He is still experiencing some pain from the surgery on his foot but not nearly as much as last night. The nurse says she believes he will be moved to the intermediate intensive care maybe as early as Monday or Tuesday. He is very stable and doing great. He is still not awake but we hope to see him wake up very soon! The faces in the ICU change almost daily. There are so many trauma victims over the weekends especially. We see so many tragedies each day and it makes me so thankful to have my son alive and doing better. Please continue to remember them and their families in your prayers. God Bless -- Love, Lynne & Carl

Today was a relaxing day. We ate mexican food and had a great time celebrating Lynne's birthday ... her 28th for the ... gee I forget how many times now. Michael, Barry, Missy and Lew were there. Watching Lew devour the guacamole is fun but we must get him to quit double dipping. My enchiladas hit the spot.

#2 is supposed to leave for school tomorrow and that should prove to make Sunday fairly tense. He has 10 million reasons why he shouldn't go back. We are trying to point out to him the benefits. He feels 3 months at school, a GED, and a few classes on job hunting have equipped him to tackle the world. So who knows what tomorrow holds.

Youth bowling tomorrow will be another experience and time of smiles. This new team just hasn't come together. It is probably another season from making a serious run for first place. Last week a young lady (TP) subbed for one of our missing girls. She wants to bowl with us next year but though she is good and would help us I don't know if I could handle it. Two very young and beautiful 14 year olds ( TP and MG) are a sight to watch. This newest young lady (TP) had all the guys strutting their stuff and doing their best to impress her. I couldn't quit laughing. She stood there at the ball return and her opponent picked her ball up for her and then he promptly through a gutter ball on his turn. I wonder if I did that at his age. And for the inquiring minds, yes MG through a 206 and beat me and my 198. Her average is now up to 145. MG has come a long way from an average of 90 since I started coaching her. She finished last season as the Youth Bowler of the Year. So tomorrow should prove interesting if she bowls with us.

Monday I will get my 5 tickets to the pre-showing of the new movie "Narnia". We will get to see it on December the 8th prior to its National debut on the 9th. We are excited and interested in how they choose to portray the book.

Today I started a project I have wanted to do for a long time. I started reworking my stories and redesigning the web site. As I cleaned all the HTML up, I read some and man did the memories come back. When I will get done is anyone's guess but I will slowly bang away at it.

Well, our advance registration for the cruise is done along with choosing our excursions. The confirmation came back today for all the ones we choose. This time next month we will be intransit to the port. Well, actually, we will be there in a Charleston hotel trying to sleep knowing tomorrow we cruise off into paradise.

No comments: