Friday, November 11, 2005

Update 2

To all those serving our country, I say thanks! My prayers and hopes follow you as you do what is required. I am thankful for those ahead of me who won my freedom and those that follow me that keep me free.

Yesterday wasn't a good day as Paul suffered a setback. Besides the staff infection, the back of his brain is swelling and there is nothing they can do but watch and wait. The fog of this ordeal has yet to clear. This week if you asked me the day of the week I would have been unsure of what to say. The doctors who are said to be some of the best leave a lot to be said about their bedside manner. Most of their discussions are devoid of any glimmer of hope. It seems like sometimes they are reciting some medical book passage. Maybe it is a way to shield their emotions.

The better part of me -- my mate -- is really struggling as the pain and emotion of this ordeal wears hard on her. Her constant thought is, "if it hurts me this bad and disrupts my life so much, I can't imagine what Paul's mother is going through." I guess I am lucky I can just bury the thoughts and emotions only to bring them out when I so choose. Unless I run out of hugs and prayers she will make it through this and right now my hug tank is full.

***** *****

Hmmm, "I thought I was getting B12 and it seems it wasn't." Wow, as I see it if I was expecting one thing and had it substitued with something else that would constitute Medical Malpractice. Another variation I have heard is -- it was a B12 shot and it must have been tainted. Again! Malpractice would be my first thought. Today I heard another statement that his friend gave it to him and he was expecting B12. Then arrest that friend for trafficking in illegal drugs and get a better group of friends. Come on Palmeiro, how many more variations of a lie must we endure? You used steroids, lied to Congress about it and that is the end of the story and time to face the music. I vote that any record you achieved be nullified and at best asterisked as drug induced or performance enhanced. Better yet call it like it is ... cheating, nice record.

Thanks Major League Baseball for the cheap shot attempt to hurt the Nationals Baseball team. Maybe the District of Columbia government screwed things up but don't join them by piling on more crap. Get after the spoiled owners of the other teams and make them vote now. Call a special meeting and give the Nationals a chance to be competitive.

No comments: