Wednesday, November 09, 2005

A Quick Update

Time for an update. The doctor has said Paul is past the critical phase and he will live but what that life will be he can't venture a guess at this time. So now we sit back and wait for the body to heal itself and slowly tell us how life will change for this young man and then the real work begins.

The new job is going great but as usual it is keeping me busy.

#1 has no change except we argue more and he has now lost his car. At some point he will get his sign and wake up. I sure wish it would be sooner rather than later.

#2 is still progressing. The anxiousness of coming home for the Holidays is seting in for both him and us, particlarly mom.

Less than 7 weeks till we cruise. I can't wait for this one especially now it is all paid for. Oh, how I love to lock the cell phone in the safe and not see or hear it for 12 days. Maybe I should come home this year with a good set of dreads.

Bowling is going well. The youth team is learning but still a good season away from being competitive. The team on the Sunday Night league is doing good, we are right in the middle and poised for a good end of the season run. The National Tournament is in Corpus Christi this year and that should be a good time. It is a little hard to believe this year will be my 16th consecutive year of bowling in it. The tournament in Toledo, Ohio in 1990 seems so long ago.

*********_***********

I have been watching that new series "Commander in Chief" and so far it has been good. The attitude of some of the Congressman is portrayed very well. They have in a lot of ways forgotten who they work for ... the people.

Boston Legal is a disappointment. I would have hoped they would have portrayed the lawyers better. Their image suffers enough without the show portraying them as alchoholic, sexist, uppity and better than anyone else and the firm as a "good ole boys club". If I were to try something like that at work, I would be in jail and facing a lot of court time. But then again, is it a true depiction?

I see T.O. is his normal self and forgetting that being a part of a team is what got him there. I hope they let he sit at home for quite awhile and maybe some sliver of common sense will sink in. But, we know better than to dream like that.

Did I hear someone say it is time to get serious about RP and writing? Must of been the wind.

No comments: