Sunday, April 10, 2005

A Little Update

Well, I shall try and post this again. I had it all written out and then the computer had a brain fart and shutdown losing everything I had done. Perhaps this time it will go well.

The tournament went well and though I didn’t get rich or win it, I at least broke even with the side pots. Plus I didn’t come in last in our group of 10 bowlers. So time to look forward to next year and Corpus Christie. That should be another fun one to turn into a mini-vacation. Virginia State Tournament comes up later in May, so maybe I can do some good there. Ever Vigilant and hoping.

Dad is doing fine though he is mighty week. The pneumonia really took it out of him and the surgery has slowed him down. But he is ornery and given some time he will be his feisty self once again.

The youngest had his first interview at Chick-fil-A and he goes back for a second interview later this week and our fingers are crossed. Will be nice to see him do something a little more constructive with his life than video games and music.

Well, time marches on and so does life. I wish I could say work at the newsroom is fun but since mid-February, it has been a real pain. So last week I told them if something doesn’t give this week, I walk. So time will tell. I will not be surprised if they do nothing just to see my resolve. Well, they will be in for a shock. Do I have anything lined up if I walk? No, but several nibbles could make it interesting. But worse case, we sell the house, move to Florida and retire 3 years early. So I see a win-win situation no matter what happens.

This weekend I watched a Camelot movie for the umpteenth time and probably shouldn’t have. It brought back too much pain about the Camelot I loved and spent so many years in. To see it now doesn’t help matters.

Hang on Dark Towers, I will return and we will get that place lit up and rockin. Who knows, I might even get to write once again. A special thanks to all those who have keep some semblance of life going on there. From what I see in the channels now, the real role players should unite and get things rolling again or the chat monster will take over and many a dream will die from inactivity.

Picture this; it is Thursday afternoon on I-66 where the leftmost lane is HOV-2 until 7 p.m. I am riding along doing the usual brake light dance. To my left three cars pass me with only one person in them. Following them is a State Trooper doing who knows what but definitely not watching traffic. Behind the trooper are 2 more cars with only one person. Why have HOV if they don’t enforce it. This sucks if the State Police are too ignorant to know the law and then make some attempt to enforce it. This is a perfect example why the A-Types here blow off most traffic laws. No one does the speed limit because they usually are 10-15 over. Why? They know the troopers don’t stop you for that. The A-Types run red lights pass on the right using the merge lane and dive across 3 lanes to make an exit from the HOV lanes. But until the Troopers make it painful, driving in the nation’s capital will suck. Maybe we sent all the good ones to California so they could write tickets out there!

Good-bye, John Paul II, your were a good man though I didn’t subscribe to all you preached. Maybe Benny Hen could follow your example of humility and sell his 10 million dollar house to help the needy and poor like the money was originally donated for.

Michael Jackson continues to show us how much a predator he is. Yes, all those witnesses may have a grudge, but they paint a picture of someone with a real problem.

No comments: