Monday, April 18, 2005

April Showers

<>Not much has changed this week, here in the land of lovers.

Every day I think of an easier time. One that has no time and no routines. The only requirement is that I have fun without having to work at it. And boy does it become easier to dream of it, tick – tick – tick.

The youth league team I am on clinched the championship with one week to go. Michaela was a jewel as she raised her average from 92 to 131. I love it when they are at the age to listen and have a desire to learn. I was really proud when she threw a 199 two weeks ago. Tapped by a 10 pin to hold her back from her first 200 game. I also smile because I only managed 204 that game and almost got buried by her.

Work is the same. Long! It seems about the time I am ready to leave at 9:30 am, the phone goes crazy and everyone wants something or wants a meeting if I have a few minutes. Needless to say, I stumble around till 1:00 pm and then leave. The fuse gets shorter everyday. If my computer business continues to grow, I might just take a dive and see how the water is. Meanwhile, I sit waiting like a cobra .. Ready to strike.<>

To my role-play friends:

Two men, hidden in the shadows of the small pub, speak softly lest they be overheard. “He has returned, don’t ask me how but you must once and for all put an end to his life!” The man nearest the door exclaimed in a gruff voice. The other man nodded, “Then I shall and his son will be the bait only neither will walk away this time.” They both looked around, hands lightly on their sword hilts.

<>* * * *

I continue to be amazed at this rash of child abusers that seem to garner such sympathy. "They might get rehabilitated." "They have rights and deserve a chance." Arghhh, and what about that child that is being buried - no one gave a flip about them and what their young life meant. I vote that every convicted child abuser be sent to Alcatraz or some desolate island to spend the rest of their natural life. NO death - but NO parole. Some things can be changed or helped to change. But some predators can't - "you can't remove a tigers stripes, no matter how much you rub and wish." If the ACLU doesn't like this - you are free to join them on their island. Oh! Take Michael Jackson with you, he likes to share his bed. <>

Well, the Pope lottery is on. Place your vote on which it will be. The media is so starved for news after Shiavo; they now want to do polls on the next Pope. If they want to be so much an "investigative reporter" pick a meaningful topic such as:


  • How much is the Major Oil Companies gouging us and whom are they paying to let that happen?
  • Why can the Insurance companies in Florida rip of their clients and no one say a hoot about it?
  • Is there even one (1) honest and virtuous Congressman?
  • What is happening in the Tsunami ravaged areas? You collected our money and now I don't even see how it is getting spent and the good it is doing.
<>But you see that requires work and a long effort to get at the bottom of things. It is more fun to chase the figurative ambulance than to follow the dozer into the mud.

To all those brave police officers and fireman, thanks for what you do every day.

No comments: