Thursday, January 27, 2011


Well, here I am in the SUNNY and warm south. We are having fun exploring South Carolina. Standing on the 14th Floor, I just can't find any snow! Here I am looking southwest towards Charleston.


This next picture is where we are staying. Well, actually, this is the sister tower. I am taking the picture from where we stay. We can see up and down the beach as far as we can see on a clear day.


It seems this trip we are hitting all the All-Yo
u-Can-Eat (AYCE) places. That in turn causes us to nap a lot as we sleep off the "stuffed belly" syndrome. I also love the lunches as they are loaded with greens ... and I love them. Today, Lady started the sewing machine project so we have stuff all over. Green Giant had another birthday and we celebrated as usual at the AYCE restaurant in Mullins South Carolina. They even sang "Happy Birthday" to him. Tomorrow, we are planning a beach excursion as the temperature is expected to be high 50's. I am still getting a lot of emails and texts that are work related but I can't turn the phone off as I would the MISS all the texts from the kids in my life. Danged if you do and darned if you don't. This week has allowed us to get our TV viewing sequence down. The Cape and American Idol are the mainstays. I did manage to not see Obama's waste of time the other night. I am so ready to see him out of office. There are some really nice beach houses for sell. But, do I really want to live here during the summer? Right now all we see is old people every where we go. Lunch yesterday was at the Sea Captain's in North Myrtle. The chefs special of Flounder was my choice and it was very good. As we ate at the Sea Captains yesterday, the old ladies behind us were discussing the many ways they had their loved ones cremated. And you couldn't believe how they bickered and complained about everything involved with the process. This was such a nice lunch topic.

Well, dinner is over with, the girls are shopping and so I guess it is hot tub time. Enjoy and have fun ... we are!

1 comment:

A New Beginning.. said...

You are sooo lucky! Its nasty up here! I'm glad you and Mom are enjoying snow free vacation time. Don't have too much fun and forget to come back! Miss you and love you both!