Sunday, February 13, 2011

Life Marches On!


I was sitting here and thought I would catch up. Today was our weekly trek to El Agave and we had a crowd there ... 13 people. Next week starts off the same ... road trip to Aberdeen, but this time Lady will ride with me. That will make the day special, as if Valentines Day isn't special enough. The new Youth Bowling league has started and the team has some potential to win it this time. The Adult team still seems mired in the bottom 5 teams. We just can't seem to break out of that pack. Nationals are just over a month away and I can't wait. The train ride will be fabulous. Any takers on a train ride?

Starr and Chicken Man are heading for Georgia tomorrow since the grass is greener and there is a new hope for a different outcome. We wish them the best and maybe will get to see them on one of our excursions to Wild Mom's. Speaking of Wild Mom, she is doing fine just dealing with cabin fever and wishing for Spring. But who isn't.
Let me see, #1 works, #2 looks, and Peanut gets bigger. AJ continues to grow and develop an attitude, Lew grows into a young man, and Lil Princess steals our heart as she becomes a looker. Our Myrtle Beach trip was a smashing success and will be on our list to do it again. Missing the snow storm was just icing on the cake. We have planned another Williamsburg trip (April 8-9) and a New Bern NC trip (May 20-21). Those two trips should prove a lot of fun. Still in the planning phase is Smokies in October and Myrtle Beach in January. We may even manage a cruise sometime in between those other trips. Cheng is back from Alabama and his house has sold. He still needs a weekend to clean up things in Alabama but that will come later.

I wonder sometimes where life's road will take us. Based on the past course, it should be really interesting. I don't always understand where it takes me or even agree with it's turns but I doggedly follow it. I do get tired of the games and twists, I wish things would workout so Lady and I could retire and slow our life down. But for now, We keep on and wish others would follow. But true to course, they won't and sadly one day regret it and find it is too late. We are coming up on the 5th anniversary of Dad going home and I still find myself wishing for 1 more hour. Sadly, I too waited too long and found myself too busy or obligated.

No comments: