Sunday, January 02, 2011

It is a Wonderful Life

Well, 2011 is here and time marches onward. I look back to 1952 and wonder where it has gone. One day I sat here playing the game in my mind, "What if I changed one decision." But no scenario would give me the joy that I have now.

Lady - what if that blind date had never occurred. What memories would be lost. It is imaginable what I would be feeling right now. They always have movies that the central plot is returning in time and changing one event. Please, don't ever do that! I would lose too much.

#1 and #2 - What if we never took those certification classes and never saw you. Believe it or not, you two are part of me and more precious than life.

Starr - You are just that. A twinkling of light that lit up our lives. Do we agree with everything, no, but that is the cost of being open and vulnerable. Please, never hide that light.

Princess - Oh, those 5 days before we went to court for you. Your phone call sent waves of emotions and feelings as we raced to make it happen. We want to be deeply involved with your life. That is why we stand at the door and knock so much.

Peanut - Your entrance into our life was no less dramatic. We could have never envisioned where that road would take us and it is a journey I would not have missed.

AJ, Lew, Lil Princess - If you ever thought kids were great ... try Grand kids.

I know some will feel I forgot them ... but remember ... I said it earlier ... I would not change a thing ... everyone has made my life a "Wonderful Life."

1 comment:

Starr said...

Thank you Daddy! I love you so much!