Monday, June 01, 2009

Tick ... Tick

What a life. Today work was one of those days I about tossed the old #1 finger and left. Five people were so important their computer had to be the priority. One of them just needed to wake up and reboot. The other screwed his computer up with 3 viruses and several tracking cookies. They continually say "I don't know where they come from." Knock ... Knock ... Another just wanted to belly ache because they were tired of a pop-up. When you have 30 computers to update ... someone has to be second. The I was in the middle of setting 1 up and later come to find out, the person had logged in somewhere else and was screwing me up. I would log off (windows favorite response to anything) to do the update and then get locked out because of their work. I will fix that tomorrow ... it is called changing the password until I am frickin ready for them to play around. I did get some good done on other computer systems but these nuisances ruin the whole day. Oh I love those emails at 4:00 pm on Friday telling me they need to computers on Monday morning. Duh, don't we plan around here and have some lead time? Oh, that is right ... not in Salem. I also love those listeners that just wait to tell us "what is wrong." If you can't operate your computer then get a pencil and pad of paper. If you have a job where you are supposed to have some computer skills ... then learn the basics other than pushing the power button. Believe me ... I know one person that can't even figure that out. Then there is the question, "Will this automatic function run by itself or should I stay there and run it?" Since that function will cost you your job if it is botched ... be there and be ready for anything. Oh well, enough soap box.

No comments: