Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Day One and Two of Bill's Most Excellent Adventure!

Well, we are on the road and heading south to catch the slow boat (Norwegian Jewel) to the Caribbean. The best part of this time is that I don't have to work. That is the last time I mention work until after February 3rd. We spent the first night (Tuesday) in Fayetteville NC. The day was uneventful except for a lot of laughing and having fun. North Carolina had several inches of snow and but the roads were in good shape for us and we just passed through. We did see several trucks in the ditches and woods and one very large boat in the median of the interstate highway. We still haven't figured out that one. Having dual DVD players in the van is nice. Yes we are old ... we watched "The King and I." We are spending the second night (Wednesday) in St. Augustine Fla. Everywhere we look we see water and seem to be traveling on bridge after bridge. Right now we are adjusting to the warm air ... 51 and tomorrow it is projected to be 62. Time for the shorts and light shirts. We don't know what we will do when it gets to 85 in the Southern Caribbean. Not! This trip is a lot different than last year when the group was 10 people. This year we have 6 people going. Sometimes it is really nice not being a tour guide. But at the same time, I do miss certain people. I did catch myself a few times just zoning out the window with my mind miles away. Lady is enjoying herself as she spent a good part of the day watching DVDs, talking, and sleeping. The stress level of the last few days is melting away slowly and I think it will be gone by Friday Morning. I tried to relieve some of it with a Root Beer Float for dessert tonight.

We are thinking of stopping by the Space Center when we return and do a little sightseeing there.

If you feel the need to call me ... call by 5 pm on Friday because after that the cellphones will be turned off and stored in the room safe until February 1st.

Well, I shall get out of here and get some sleep.

No comments: