Monday, January 19, 2009

T minus 1 and Counting

Well, I can feel the warm breezes and smell the ocean air in my mind as the day is fast approaching. Tuesday is departure day and we head for Miami and the ship. After a year of waiting, it is finally time. Wild Mom is doing fine and doing that last minute packing of things she forgot to pack weeks ago. She is also happy that some old time friends are moving back into the area. Her Christmas care package finally arrived and I believe everything warmed her heart. Lady is almost ready for the trip. The essential tax stuff has been done and tomorrow she will run the payroll for this period and she will be done. Tonight will be our main packing night though a few things have been already packed or at least stacked on the dresser in preparation. I think we are all looking forward to this time as the craziness and stress of life and work has taken its toll. Though you may not know it ... but I am very proud of Lady and everything she does. I can't help but be in love with her. If you could have only met the young Lady I met back in 1974, then you would know how much she has changed. I know my life would have not been the same and most likely I would have not succeeded as I have. I think it is so great to have such a super mom and great wife. Two ladies that make my life so much more special. At least for me that is true. It seems the engineering department at work has been on 12+ hour days since mid-November. Hopefully, things will smooth out before long and we can enjoy all the work we have put into this station.

The weekend was on par with every other weekend. Dinner on Friday night, Mexican Food on Saturday and then Church and Bowling on Sunday. I guess we are creatures of habit. But we enjoy these times and each other and our friends. Add the grand kids to the mix and we have many memories to fill our mind. Lew is growing like a weed and becoming so independent and sure of what "he wants." Lil Princess is a blast though her personality is starting to seep out. She will definitely give her brother a hand full. AJ will hold his own. Not long till he starts to walk as he is starting to stand and let go. Though he only stays up a few seconds ... his confidence grows and before you know it ... Peanut is working and wishing for more free time. We are proud of her hanging in there. Just think ... only 45 more years of working! #1 and #2 are still looking for that ever elusive job.

Starr is doing fine and looks like they will have a new place to live this week. The new puppy is a surprise ... I thought training and handling Dave would be enough ... now she takes on the "PUP."

I am nearing the completion of my New Years Resolution. Only a few more to contact or at least attempt to contact. My biggest regret is the time I let pass in some relationships. I can never reclaim it and only hope to make the remaining time exciting.

Guess I get to root for the Pittsburgh Steelers. At least I get to dust off my Terrible Towel and wave it some.

2 comments:

Doug said...

WOW, Good time to leave town when 2 million people arrive and the weather is freezing!
I came across your blog by searching for common interests (Fantasy Football) and especially liked your Chuck Norris and Christmas top ten postings!
Enjoy the warm weather!

JadedHeartStarr said...

Hey, Dave is house broken already, so don't have much training to do with him. The puppy is a surprise but we both fell in love with him, he is perfect and can't wait for you to meet him. I miss you guys both and hope to see you in the near future!! I love you both!!