Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Strike!

Well, all reservations are made and everything is ready for New Mexico. Wild Mom arrives on Thursday and we leave the following Tuesday. Lady is deeply involved with the candy Easter Egg project at church ... they are very good and loaded with calories but also a lot of work. Work is the same but tolerable since I know I have a break coming up. The kids bowling is going well as they hang onto 3rd place. The adult league in the evening is challenging. We are tied for 4th. This week we went 5-2 and it took everything we had. I averaged 207, Pete averaged 208 and George averaged 204 and we just squeaked by a crew of 140-150 average bowlers. They were hot and almost caught us. I was very happy because with one week to New Mexico, I finally bowled like I wanted too and to the level I know I am capable of. I need to start figuring out what kid I will bowl with for the next league. I doubt I will bowl with the current one again. Some kids will listen and want to learn. This one loves to argue and doesn't learn. So the search begins again since it is still 4-5 years before Punk is ready to bowl in a league. The guest room is finished for the time being. The walls are painted (sea foam green) and the trim and doors is what is left. But that will be a project for another time.

Peanut continues to get bigger ... only about 6 weeks till the wee lad pops out. Gee, in 2017 I will be able to bowl with him.

#1 is ready for Virginia but has to wait for the lease to run out in June. Who knows maybe he isn't too rusty to bowl with us once again. But then again, that is what handicap is for ... to compensate for his inability to keep up the pace. :)

#2 is still looking.

Punk and Lil Princess didn't make it over this weekend because of our hectic schedule. I am suffering from withdrawal. I wonder if I need to pay them to show up this week? Oh, Lil Princess overcame her virus and is doing well ... she even managed to let mommy have a taste of it. How Sweet!

No comments: