Thursday, September 07, 2006

10, 9, 8, ... Blast Off

Well, it has been a few days since my last entry. If this week keeps going like it has then my working days will come to an end very quickly. It isn’t worth the frustration and crap and they surely don’t pay me enough to deal with it. Today has been nothing but printer and mail problems and most of then have been “operator error”. Before complaining to me ... make sure the blinkin thing is turned on, or push the “send/receive” button to get your mail. If there is a problem and I am sitting at my desk, don’t call someone else at home about the problem. Get your hind end up, walk to my office, call me on my cell, or just call me on the office phone. Jeesh. There have been a few moments when I was this close --> <-- to pulling the plug and heading for the pasture. After almost a year, you would expect a few people would know when my work shift is? I love the phone call that starts with, “Hi, are you coming to work today?” This was at 8:30 am and my shift doesn’t start till 1:00 pm. Or the “The printer has been broke all day, I send it a job this morning and I MUST get the job printed soon.” Forget the fact you send an 11x14 document to the 8x10 tray and the printer was paused waiting for you to put the right paper in.

Then there are those that try and fix a computer and they don’t have the foggiest clue what they are doing. Such as “does it matter whether the hard drive or the floppy drive is the master?” “Where do I plug the cable to in order to make the hard drive the master?” “What jumpers (master/slave), you move the cable, I know that much.” “Do you have a new cable, this one is bad … one wire is discolored (the red edge signifying pin 1) and will probably short the drive out.” My fun meter has been dropping quicker than the fuel needle in a 69 Mach 1 Mustang with the gas pedal on the floor board.

Well, so much for my typical day this week at work. Even at home it continues and with half grown adult kids you would think the simplest thing could get done. Such as turn out the lights and lock the door when you go to bed. Even after I turn them off they come back on and no one did it. Poltergeist? I wake up for who knows what reason and every light is on in the kitchen, living room, hallway and the outside floods. Maybe I live in a prison compound and we need the lights to control the inmates! I surely can see it in the electric bill and the electric company employees love it at bonus time. Forget the trash being emptied every night … let’s feed the ants a midnight snack, for they have plenty of light to see what they are doing.

Maybe one day I can afford a motorized garbage can … because this manual one I have never makes it to the curb for pickup. The kitchen table is a bonanza for the sorting freaks of the world. The mail gets placed there, it is read and then put back into the pile, then add the next days and it starts over. I must sort it into piles 4 times a week only to see it all mixed up again. It must be either too heavy, junk, or too much of a mental challenge to put it away. Then they have the stomach to complain about it getting wet when the cat knocks over the half empty glass of whatever. It also amazes me how we can have 6 cases of canned soda, 2 pictures of tea and I go get a drink and there is NO Tea. My how every one disclaims drinking it as evidenced by the number of empty cans that were unable to be put into the recycle bin for the non-existent trip to the curb. I must be blinded by the light and didn’t see them, who knows.

The list goes on but I will remain civil, keep this PG and not really say what is wrong! Besides, I need to get busy and work to pay the electric bill.

Lady – getting tired also but she is smiling as she has a new futon and is eyeing a new grill now. Is this the start of the puppy, hamster, and car cycle in its new form?

Wild Mom – initial word on the MRI isn’t encouraging but it is best to wait until the doctor reviews it and decides what is next. She sold a purse from her web site, the sad part is someone lost their Christmas gift from her now that it has sold.

#1 – leaves in about 2 weeks. Retraction from last post … he doesn’t sit around playing games all the time as I stated. Just 4-6 hours a day or when ever I see him … which ever comes first.

#2 – still working and gone the rest of the time.

Star – miss you and hope to see you soon.

Princess – School is priority 1.

No updates from Brother #1, Brother #2, Sister #1 or the Utah Scene.

No comments: