Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Chuckles - IV

Well, wild momma has left for home. We had a great time and love having her here but it was time for her to return and terrorize Florida for a while. I was trying to recall the last time I spent that much time (4 weeks) with mom. To recollection I would have to go all the way back to 1971. Love you Mom and hurry back -- down the road.

My best friend in the world turns 50 this month. It was fun giving her an AARP card this week. When she asks for Geritol I will know the transformation is complete.

Over the next four weeks, three of the young ladies in our life will bring a new life into the world. I am preparing for goochee-goochee overload. I am proud of them for choosing life.

This weekend I watched a PBS series called "Texas Ranch 1867". It was a good demonstration of life in 19th Century Texas. It was funny watch the people live in that environment. The Ranch Owner and his family couldn't get the 21st Century mindset out of their head. The women were the worse in not accepting their roles in that period. The Ranch owner couldn't say no to his wife and it showed. Also he was a crook, making promises and then breaking them if he thought he could profit from it. The Ranch hands did well and were the real bright spot of the show. I would recommend the show to anyone interested in those types of reality shows.

Some people in this world deserve a good smack up side the head to hopefully dislodge their common sense into motion. It is frustrating at what some people to help only to make failure more likely to happen. Yes, I stepped into their trap and will most likely have to pay the price. What knucklehead would ever to that? Sheesh ...

Thanks wizards for a thrown away season. You wanted Cleveland in the first round because you beat them in the regular season series. Well, your less than stellar play gave the series away. Even the manager won't watch the 6th game on tape because it is so bad. I wish I could just focus on the Nationals but I am tired of watching losing teams.

Baseball is about to let Juiced-up Barry lessen the integrity of the game when he breaks the Babe's record. He said he took the juice thinking it was something else. If he was as good as he said he was in the Costa's Interview then why didn't he stay clean? He said the juiced guys even with the juice weren't as good as him -- so why juice up or take anything "you didn't know what it was?" Barry, you have smeared the integrity of the game. Step back and honor the Babe and don't hit number 714.

No comments: