Monday, October 10, 2005

Quick Note

Well, the Ren Faire was great as usual. It is becoming a regular event in our lives. Our friends that went with us really enjoyed the festivities and already have planned to attend with us next year. The only downer was the rain but luckily it subsided for most of Saturday and only started back up about 5:30 pm. The roasted turkey leg and mugs of beer made the dampness melt away. The Battle shield looked just as good this year but the $850 just wasn't there. I did miss my O'Danny girls show but the "Men in Tights" comedy was hilarious. Our friends got selected to participate in the presentation of the "Menace of Venice". That was wild and the pictures make us laugh just as much as when they did it live. Of course the sites were great and I managed to keep my eyeballs out of the mud. Oh, I picked the right knight this time and he won the joust. Almost reminds me of the arena on line where the results are just about as unpredictable.

Kids! You love them but sometimes you just want to wring their necks. Specifically #1's. We haven't heard anything from #2 son so we can assume he is doing well. If he was struggling I know the phone would be ringing off the hook. It is about a month till we will have to run over and bring him home for Thanksgiving.

Bowling was ok this weekend. The best part was my star student has returned while her parents wait for their house to sell. So now we can fine tune the team and make a run for first place. It should be an interesting time as besides the sport I must learn to deal with their emotions. Believe me, three young ladies who are 7, 11, 16 years old swing emotionally all over the spectrum.

***** *****

What is with the New Orleans Police Department? I am confused as to why someone in Authority hasn't stepped in and fixed this emabarrassment to all Police Officers. Atlanta's Chief Pennington has said that the New orleans Police Department is fundamentally corrupt .. so someone please step in and fix it.

Well, Atlanta let another one slip away. The Yankees hung on while the Redskins embarrassed themselves again. The Redskins are the weakest looking 3-1 team around.

No comments: