Friday, October 28, 2005

Chuckles on the Eve of a Harvest Feast

Well, I thought I would jot a few words down while I am waiting for a computer to do all of its updates. This software has more patches than a rusted out car.

We are still busy as we start to head into the holiday season. The cruise is now less than 2 months away. I have been off this week as I transition to a new job that starts on Monday. I have gotten a few things done in between phone calls from both the old workplace and the new one. I won’t say much about the old place because it gets my blood boiling and life isn’t worth all that crap.

On the sports scene: Congrats to the Chicago White Sox – the best team won. I can’t believe the Braves let their pitching coach go. I just hope they have another one of them miracle workers standing in the shadows to fill those shoes. I chuckle at the Redskins with their talk of Super Bowl. They beat up the losing teams and lose to the winning teams. Someone needs to explain to them that in the playoffs there is only winning teams. Oh, by the way, on December 24, I have tickets to watch the NY Giants beat up on the Redskins. What a Christmas present!

Roleplay: It is just not the same right now. The writing to support it isn’t there. When in the channel, the people to bring it alive aren’t there. Where it leads, who knows. I wish I knew the magical word to regenerate it but sadly I don’t. I have my memories and dreams of times past but sooner or later even those grow dim. What is next? That is what is grinding up a few brain cells. Without my RP partner I couldn’t imagine where I would be. I always believed given the right 4 people and it would go on forever but given the events of the recent past I would have serious doubts about that statement. But hope is always there and someday the sun will rise.

***** *****

Something I do miss is the seventh inning stretch during a ball game where they sing “Take me out to the Ballgame.” Yes, being patriotic is a good thing but it has been 4 years and it is about time to return to the classic song and baseball history.

We need to do something about these disasters and how people approach them. I was amazed how many people did not prepare for this last storm in South Florida. It is like they expect the Government to care for them even when they are so near-sighted as to not prepare at all. If they had followed the basic guidelines for disaster preparedness they would have had food and water for three days. Wanting ice for the beer cooler and blaming the government for not supplying it is a bit ridiculous. If they had evacuated even a few hundred miles, they would be living the lifestyle they are accustomed to. Smacks a lot like a bunch of spoiled kids wanting everything but not willing to do anything themselves.

Gee, what has happened to the gas prices? For me they have gone from $3.05 to $2.29 lately. The only thing I saw that would have affected them would be the Congressional Investigation. Surely, with supply and demand the same and given the Gas companies were honest in their dealings with the average American and an investigation would fine nothing untoward! So I would what really sparked this sudden and dramatic downturn? Compassion?

No comments: