Monday, October 03, 2005

Catching Up 2

Well, the excursion to West Virginia was a success. #2 is doing well. I can tell he is in a school run by the government. His vocabulary is filled with acronyms. I guess that is better than 4 letters words. He would chatter away then stop and ask, “Do you know what tva (or some other acronym) means? Mom would respond, “No, but I guess you will tell us!” Of course he did using another 15 acronyms. All in all, it was fun but by 7:30 pm Saturday night he was ready to go back to the campus. Us old folks can only keep him occupied only so long. Oh, now he has his driver’s license and quickly learned the phrase, “Can I drive?” I also can report that Charleston on a Saturday is a sleepy quiet town. I was amazed that everything downtown but the mall was closed and there were hardly any cars. A big change from Northern Virginia.

This weekend is the Ren Faire over by Annapolis. I have been waiting a year to go back and it is finally here. Our friends are going and they too are excited.

#1 is now unemployed. It is foreign to me why a person would quit with no job prospects and no money to pay the car payments. Well, this time, he will lose the car because I refuse to pay anything to bail him out. Time to learn a hard lesson.

A job change is in the air for me. Not a big one but just changing the division I work in within the same company. I will be going to the Radio Operations side instead of the Network Operations side. If one of my friends who had a solid IT background and lived nearby wanted I could get them a decent job.

Less than 3 months till our next cruise to the sunny southern Caribbean in December. 80 degrees while those back home freeze. I love that thought. Snorkeling should be the activity of the day and entertainment for the night.

On the bright side – a Dutch witch won the right to deduct her brooms and paraphernalia from her taxes. Could a hooker deduct the cost of condoms as a business write-off? How about gay men deducting the KY jelly as office supplies?

***** *****

I was thinking about what to say on several subjects but there is too much to even get started. It seems the same old crap goes on and on. It is just regurgitated and reused. I am waiting to see how the Tom De Lay stuff pans out. Either he messed up bad or the Democrats have. I guess that the Democrats can’t win an election cleanly so they will try and dispose of the opponents with the judicial system.

My opinion for what it is worth, Bill Bennett’s comments last Wednesday were uncalled for and out of place on the air. Pondering racially sensitive comments will lead to misquotes and taking it out of context. I do know that it's true that if you wanted to reduce crime, … “ How do you know what you said is true? I am disappointed in what you said.

***** *****

Go Braves and Yankees.

No comments: