Tuesday, June 07, 2005

More thoughts - A little slower in Happening

Things I forgot when I posted the last Blog. It is nice to be home finally and to get to sort through some 4000 emails, answer all the phone messages, settle a half dozen petty squabbles, and figure out how much longer I can delay cutting the jungle in the front yard. Gee! I love vacations. Perhaps I should spend more time trying to decide the question – Mary Ann or Ginger?

One thing nice this past week was listening to all the memories and stories of my wife’s family history. It did bring a lot of my own personal memories of my own family up. This past week I came to realize how quickly a hyperactive 5 year old could get under the skin. I am now thankful all mine grew up when I was younger.

I would make a comment on the current events in the news, but I have sat down yet to watch any. Well, I did see the California white van thing for a moment. My take, if he wants to point two guns to his head an threaten to blow it off, and if no one else will get hurt if he does, then let the IDIOT blow his brains out, he will be the one to miss the rest of his life and any of the good things it brings.

For My Role-Playing Friends:

The Duke cornered his wife in the dining room following their evening meal. “M’Lady, please reconsider and tell them of your lineage.” He implored her. The Lady lost her cool, for months now they had pressured her. “If I hear that request one more time, I will take my daughter and leave for a place that won’t bug us. If you had any God-given sense you would recognize her birthmark and know why I must be silent!” Slowly her anger subsided. The Duke sat there silent as his mind raced to recall what birthmark she spoke of. Though he was dying to have his memory refreshed, he bit his tongue lest she leave as she threatened.

Two men sat talking in a secluded booth at the nearby local pub. “In three days we will know if the child is really who we think she is. This I promise. If she is, then she will die before the new moon rises.” The second man looked from beneath his cloak hood. “ok, but if you fail before the new moon sets on the first night, you will be spread across this land for the wolves to eat.”

No comments: