Wednesday, November 10, 2004

I wonder why!

Perhaps I work too hard. After several events today I have come to the realization I am going to stop several projects I am involved with starting on Monday morning. If they don't like it .. tough.

What happened with all the media coverage on the missing munitions that were such a hot topic prior to Nov 02? Did the Election fix the problem? Was it nothing more than an exaggeration by the underworked media? It amazes me how the media will hype an issue for its "Ratings" and then drop it as soon as it has run its course.

And I love this "under a promise of anonimity" the media uses. While it has its reason for existing, they, the news services, seem to use it to get the jump on other news agencies. Like this week a certain news source reported extensively on Arafat's health and used anonomous sources. Then they said later that they "may have been misled." Under the guise of anonimity, the janitor could be the one dreaming up this stuff.

This rumor engine could be used as easily as, "Today, a WhiteHouse person close to the source, under the promise of anonimity, said President Bush would go on a week long cruise to Tahiti with a boat load of Homosexuals."

So when I hear that phrase or anything resembling it, I ignore it as some journalists attempt at using rumor to further their already floundering career.

No comments: