Friday, May 11, 2012

Sidewalk Escapades


These are the fun days of watching life pass me by.  Not withstanding that I am at work but I am bored! Sunny, warm and breezy ... the best combination. Life as a homeless man must be pretty good as he could care for 5 dogs which he was walking on leads. Just hope he doesn't run into someone with a cat on the lead ... could be messy.  As usual there is always the wind and its effects.  Young woman coming from a coffee resupply trip at MacDonalds.  Hands are full holding 4 cups of hot coffee and the wind plays its games. Though the dress wasn't blown up quickly it did manage to push it higher.  The question is how high will she allow the dress to go before she chances dropping the coffees?  The sad part of this is she is almost out of the range of my viewing.  Also, how does she get into the building with both hands full as I no one anywhere near the door.  Oh, another question, homeless man with a electric powered wheelchair.  Where does he charge it up?  I know they haven't developed the perpetual battery!  Plugging into any electrical outlet would be stealing ... wouldn't it?  I always wonder why people choose to cross in the middle of the block across 5 lanes of traffic during rush hour instead of using the crosswalk a half block away.  Sadly some of these adventures are near disasters and I will hate the day when I have to witness the worst.  Another great sight is seeing how some people dress. One lady wearing a nice business style skirt and flip flops.  I can understand the tennis shoes as a comfortable walking alternative ... but flip flops?  late breaking news ... walking next to the wall on the black granite stones with heels is a disaster when you step in water.  She is ok, pride hurt but all is well and maybe next time she will pay more attention while she is texting.  Ha!

No comments: