Monday, May 23, 2011

Down to the Homestead!


Well, I best write something since it has been a few days since the last entry. I guess since the rapture occurred this weekend and I am still here, I must not have been good enough! Funny thing is that I see a lot of my friends, so obviously we were all mistaken as to how good we were!

Happy Birthday to someone very special to me. I can't wait to see what the next XX birthday's bring!

We just returned from spending the weekend in New Bern NC. It was a very quiet and relaxing weekend as we helped Lady to adjust to the next year of her life. The laptop was never powered up ... an unusual occurrence for me. It was nice having very limited cell and wireless service. I didn't even visit one cemetery looking for dead people. We really enjoyed the quiet. Every morning the turles would congregate on the bank of the pond just outside the room. It was funny watching several dozen turtles sunbathing. In the afternoon they would migrate to the other shore for the afternoon sun. We found a very good seafod house in Arapahoe NC. Suprised us since it is way, and I mean way out in the woods. The nearest grocery store was 8 miles from us. Sunday, the drive home was nice as we avoided Interstates and drove the country roads. We even managed to squeeze in 2 ferry rides. One near New Bern and the other at Jamestown. Dinner was a little late but it was at Pierce's, one of the best BBQ's we have found.

Now we must readjust to normal life because the next scheduled trip is in June and then October. i wouldn't mind another trip somewhere but no one has any time left to take off.

A sign at a church we passed -- A dusty Bible means a Dirty life.

No comments: