Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Friend Returns Home

Sorry for the long time between posts ... Verizon managed to cut my cable for the Internet and it took COMCAST 5 days to repair it. The more I deal with any large corporation the more messed up they seem to be. All is well around the homestead except for it being so cool. We had frost last night (May right?) It has been fun the last few days not having cable or Internet, reminds me of the 60's though the kids didn't like it. I did manage to read a book, "The Shack" by William P. Young. It is well worth reading in my humble opinion. I am still puzzling over some of the things that were said, even after finishing it. Perhaps shortly I will blog about it some. A friend wants to sit down and discuss it, so that should prove most interesting. Last week, I learned a friend died on May 10th. He and I had bowled together for some 22+ years. I met him every year at the National Tournament. I will miss him and the times we shared letting the bowling lanes beat us up. The funny thing is we have now lost a bowling team member every year for the last three years. Is God telling me something?

Vincent Russell
September 01, 1932 - May 10, 2009

Wild Mom is getting nearer her deadline as the weekend grows closer. Now we just have to get her to slow down and just let things happen. Lady is getting ready for her birthday weekend coming up. I am still not sure what we will be doing but we will do something. No change in the job status for #1, #2, or Peanut. Good thing the unemployment is only 4% here ... if it was higher like most other places there would be a chance they would become permanent (for life) guests. The grandkids are a source of many laughs and chuckles. They each try an out do each other. AJ will stand in front of the TV and dance. Nothing is too sacred to not climb on. Lil Princess remains the center of attention and demands such. Lew is independent and acts like it. The similarities between him and #1 are uncanny and too numerous to count. Starr is still modeling and enjoying it. I think the telemarketing shine has worn off and it has revealed it self as the pain it really is. Peanut is consumed with "mommy duties", though she has managed to do some cooking. Believe it or not, but she is good. --- DISCLAIMER for my safety ... Lady is still my favorite cook. ---

Youth bowling has started and will run for 14 weeks. The season looks bright and full of optimism and hopefully one that is successful. The adult league will start the last weekend in August.

Work is the same and no one changes. We do manage to escape to WAMD to work. That gives us a 4+ hour window to recover and experience the real world. Don't they teach you virus scans and hard drive scans take time? Noting is instantaneous, well, except for their questions on why "MY System is broke."

What is it about Washington Sports ... the teams always seem to lose in the most ugly manner? Their skill level makes you wonder if they ever finished Junior Varsity sports.

No comments: