Tuesday, April 14, 2009

He is Alive!

Another week and this one will prove to be a tough one. AJ has his surgery on Friday and it is something we all dwell on. Sunday, we had the whole church pray for him and that helped knowing others will be praying for him on Friday. Peanut is worried and that goes without saying. Also this week contains Tax Day. I finally finished Monday night and will file it tonight. Another task finished for the year. Yes, I paid for several people on welfare. It is sad when some welfare recipients live better than the taxpayers. After 40 days with no caffeine, I am able to drink coffee and tea once again. Actually, several times I have found myself drinking water instead of coffee or tea. What did I gain for the sacrifice? Well, I have a few new insights and feel better about a few things. Friday night is also when I will take Wild Mom home. After 6 weeks, she is ready to get back to her house and friends. We will miss her but I also understand the desire to "get home". I will even get to spend some time with Starr as she rides down to Florida with me. Could it get any better? The job situation for #1 and #2 remains in a frozen state -- no change. Lil Princess, Lew, and AJ looked smashing in their Easter outfits. Of course, the chocolate face and hands went without saying. Doesn't the Easter Bunny bring anything else than chocolate? The dining room was full Sunday with all the grandkids and family. How can we be so easily changed to let the family meal time around the table be taken from us. Those moments are precious and full of memories. I am so thankful that for just a moment in time we shared that time. Though the sleep monster held Peanut and #2 back from the Easter Sunrise service they battle through and made the 11:00am one. For that, thanks, it meant so much to share that time together. Also this weekend we watched the movies Fireproof and Flywheel. They are awesome and I challenge you to see them if you haven't. This is our second time and it was still great. The message they bring is timeless and really tugs at your heart. Are you right with God? Hmmm.

Nationals are 0-7 ... surprised? I am not. The basketball and hockey seasons are ending, now the never ending playoffs start ... Ughhhhhh. Dancing with the stars this season will never be the same with Holly and Steve gone.

No comments: