Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Conclusion draws Nigh

Tuesday, April 21. The trips are over and now it is time to get back to work. AJs surgery went very well and it did not take nearly as long as they thought. Which is good. We now are awaiting his return home and have our fingers crossed that will happen today. I was told they will release him once he starts crawling and walking. I can imagine the little guy is pretty sore, I know I would be. Peanut is fine knowing her little guy is ok. These past two weeks have been a whirlwind of activity and hopefully now things will settle down into a dull roar. Well, after 6 weeks, Wild Mom is back in Florida though she won't be there long as more planned trips are upcoming. No one can ever say she just sat still and did nothing exciting. She did manage to get some shopping done in Pigeon Forge and naturally the car was totally packed for the rest of the ride south. There was an antique auto show in Pigeon Forge and both sides of the street were packed with antique cars. I could easily believe they stretch for about 9 miles through town. Did I ever see some nice ones, good thing my checkbook was at home. We left pigeon Forge after having breakfast at The Apple Barn and a side trip to the Old Mill Candy Factory and then went straight through the Smokey Mountains. I love that drive though it does add some time to the trip. We stopped in Woodstock Ga. and picked up Starr for the ride south. That was a lot of fun and we were able to spend time and chat a lot. It is fun listening to someone talk about their dreams and plans. The excitement and hope just oozes out as they do. Something that we haven't had the luxury of in a long time. All is well and full of dreams in Woodstock. We stopped in Montgomery Al. at a BBQ place and it was very good. It did make the rest of the ride hard since my body wanted to rest and not drive. After a quiet Sunday in Florida, I headed home on Monday. The return ride home was long and uneventful. I dropped Starr off in Woodstock and finished the last 11 hours by myself.

Now it is back to work, yard work and paying for these little jaunts across the country.

No comments: