Tuesday, December 02, 2008

23 and counting

Believe it or not ... December is here and Christmas is only 23 days away. Surprised? It seems conversations have turn to shopping and then the quiet hush as "presents" are discussed. I always shop on Christmas Eve so that is not a problem but I do start thinking about things now. Maybe one day I will wear green leotards and curly toed shoes and do my shopping as an elf. That would blow some minds. Just managing all the events becomes a chore during this season. Maybe I should clone myself and make it easier. We never made it to ChincoTeague Island this year perhaps I lost some of my motivation too. But, Lady and I did manage to squeeze in Pigeon Forge visit. The fudge was great, the meal super and the brief respite from driving a soothing relief. Our schedule now looks like:

13 December 2008: Kalothia Christmas Party
20 December 2008: Church Youth Group Christmas Party
January 2009: Cruise to Southern Caribbean
March 2009: national Bowling Tournament - Las Vegas NV
May 2009: Lady and Wild Mom's vacation in Pigeon Forge

Star has managed to put all the fires out in Cherokee County and is scoping out Cobb County. Even the poor old man just trying to light his pipe ... she hosed him down good. We missed her for Thanksgiving but she gave us hope that she might visit during the Christmas Holidays. #1 is working and having a blast boxing up your Internet packages. His shift is overnight so it fits his life style though it does interfere with his gaming time. #2 is having fun in toy land ... what a job ... to play games all day. Peanut is working hard and long hours. Go girl, you make us proud. AJ is a little stuffy and fighting off a cold. Nothing I love more is a kid that crawls up to you and buries his head into your pants leg ... runny nose and all. He will be a hand full one day as he is very opinionated and doesn't hesitate to tell you so. Lady is continuing to fight her cold that just keeps on giving ... just like the energizer bunny. The treadmill was cleaned off this weekend as she gets the jump on the effects of all the Christmas goodies. Maybe I should climb up on that contraption so I can get closer to the keyboard. But then I think of that TV commercial where the person falls and is shot across the room. Wild Mom should have most her decorations up by now. Most of her house guests are gone and peace and quiet returns. I wonder what it would take to take her into coming to Virginia for the holidays?

Work continues to plod on ... the project has slipped but not for engineering reasons. Some decisions you really have to wonder about. I am amazed that we will pay someone a lot of money just to make a decision that makes no sense and costs us an arm and a leg to do.

##### ##### #####

They have finally called this economic mess a "recession." My wallet knew that 6 months ago. I love how they are bailing out the corporations but it is the consumer who is be squeezed. Bailout GM so they can run at a loss for another year because the consumer can't afford the vehicle or get credit to buy it. Bailout the consumer and we will spend the money on the products that really matter. We will buy the car that runs the best and gets the best mileage instead of what GM wants ... a gas guzzling monster built by overpaid union workers.

Don't you love Radio Talk Shows where everyone is crying and so emotional you can't understand half the words or grasp the thought they are trying to make?

I love the CEO comment, "I will work for a dollar a year if the company gets some bailout money." I would too if for the previous 5 years I had been paid millions to do nothing and then got an even bigger bonus for the effort.

No comments: