Friday, November 28, 2008

Yum - Yum - Yum

Anyone not get enough to eat ... those people on Pine St. were stuffed. I hope everyone had a great day and enjoyed the food and family. Wild Mom worked on getting the Christmas Tree up and the house cleaned up for company that is coming down for the weekend. Lady succumbed to the the turkey and dressing and took a nap after the meal. Well, I guess we all did that at different times yesterday. AJ sampled all the food but mashed potatoes remains his favorite. #1 squeezed a short nap in before he headed off to work last night. He just loves packing the boxes for Amazon.Com. So everyone order more off the Internet. #2 and Peanut went in early Friday to support all the Black Friday shoppers. Lady had the day off and stayed home with AJ. Of course, I went to work as if there was anything to do. There was a little bit but for the most part I just made work to stay busy. I figure Star ate so much she was overstuffed and fell asleep and missed calling me. Lew and Lil Princess spent the day with their other Grandparents. We missed them but understand.

There is a lot to be thankful for and though I may never say it right ... I am thinking it. There is lady as we head for our 36th anniversary next month. What would I and even we do with out her. #1, #2, and Peanut have a special place in my heart. Yes, we don't see eye-to-eye all the time but I wouldn't trade a moment. If anything, those stressful times give us a good laugh down the road. AJ, what can you say, he is a charmer that melts even the hardest hearts. he has filled this year with something new almost every day. For those that have chosen to move outside the family circle, I hope their choice is the right one. I do miss them and feel unfulfilled.

Then there is my mom ... she makes you laugh, smile, think, and love. Though we are almost 1000 miles apart, I can feel her in my heart. Even as we ate our Thanksgiving Day meal here, I remembered a few meals I had with her as I grew up. I can never eat corn bread dressing without thinking of her, especially when there are oysters in it. Apple nut salad is another memory jogger. If I had grown up not knowing her, I know I would not be the same and yes, better for it. Mom's are special and to see a child push their mom away is a painful thought. I for one, never want to spend a day without her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Through my tears I read your blog and tho we are miles apart you just have a way to give me a peace and joy. I can't wait for Jan. Love Ya heaps.