Thursday, July 24, 2008

Road Trip #1

My First trip was quite eventful and enlightening. We left on Saturday after Lil princess's birthday party. Gee, I did not know finger painting your face could be so much fun. Well, we drove the first day to Pigeon Forge and I managed to get caught up on my sleep. Hey, I did managed to get Virginia and Tennessee as notches on my belt. I wanted to try out the neat go-karts but Papaw was too tired. So once again, they put me to bed with the bribery of a bottle. Sunday, I was determined to get out of the seat and look outside at the country side. So I made enough noise and fussed until Nana gave in and let me loose. Now that was fun watching the scenery whiz by. Nana thought she could force my medicines into my mouth but the "lips of steel" clamped down and I won. Eventually, I gave in since I do need the foul tasting stuff. We ate breakfast at Denny's where the waitresses went crazy over me. Naturally, I was on my best behavior and didn't cop a feel even when the blonde gave me a good shot to. At the Alabama Rest stop I managed to get my toes into that grass for a few minutes. Sunday meant I added Georgia, Alabama, and Florida to my long list of travels. Once in Florida, all bets were off. I pitched a fit at the restaurant because of some silly rule I had to be buckled into the car seat. One bad thing about being carried is that if the knucklehead stands where the sprinkler can get them ... I get it too. It was cold enough to make me catch my breath. But at least we both got wet. There was this black and white dog who constantly kept laying beside me. Just wait till next time when I can move ... I will even the score. While at dinner at Chet's, I kept amused by the waitresses and all the stuffed animals on the wall. And cheese grits won't kill me ... though I am not use to that taste. One night, I managed to stare down a squirrel. You see, the man of that house fed them pecans all the time. Then they will come to the glass door and sit there looking in until someone feeds them. So I conveniently parked myself there at the door and stared them down. Even waving my arms didn't scare them away. Then I was embarrassed when someone strapped rattles to both my arms and put these sock things on my feet that also had rattles. The socks had colored rings on them and fit very loosely and I looked like a clown with over sized feet. How embarrassing. Just wait till I can get even. Some day ... Some how. Well, finally it was time to come home so I added North Carolina and South Carolina to my list of travels. I have travelled the Southeast US by my 3 month birthday. We stopped off in Georgia to see some person named Star. Needless to say, she talked all the time. But the house was pretty and those cats amused me. One was cut to look like a lion and the other was crazy active. We ate at some restaurant where the waitress wasn't pretty and everyone managed to squirt the peppers all over the table. Then I started the long ride home. The carseat is hard enough and more so when they leave the pacifier in it. Just for consistency, I spit out my medicine again to make Nana mad. I have learned how to let out little stinkers that Nana blames Papaw for. Then I got home and Mom was all happy but complained how big I was ... well, it has been 5 days. Duh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so nice to see you guys, and my Aiden you are a beautiful little boy, take care of your Mommy and Papaw and Nana

JadedHeartStarr said...

hey Daddy, this is my blogspot thing-a-ma-jigger...lol..just to let you know