Friday, April 25, 2008

Oh ... Taxi!!

Well, it is Friday Night and it is party time. Another week has passed and to my suprise ... nothing changed. There is a lot to do this weekend so it will fly by and Sunday Night I will just as tired as now. Retirement is sure looking good. The kids (#1, #2, Peanut, Lew and Lil Princess) are all fine. I expect to see most of them this weekend and for the little ones we will play and do kids things together. #1 is enjoying the late spring snows in Colorado and it will only make his return to Virginia that much better. I have the route planned when I head out to get him and it is about 1800+ miles. Will Peanut make it to Monday? Maybe we should get a lottery going as to when the boy will be born. Work was the same this week. They complained that the room was hot ... so I corrected their screwing up of the thermostat ... and then they groused because the air coming out of the vent was too loud. Are we spoiled? Does someone need a reality check? Geesh, sometimes I wonder if this place is full of kids and prima donnas. I am sitting here watching a tour group (about 50) of school age kids walk by. It is amazing how they look like a gaggle of ducks going all over the place. Another good thing about my office is it over looks the construction dumpsters for the new building. Watching the homeless dig for stuff is another fun time. Two days ago, one of the guys went head first over the edge into the dumpster as he tried to get something. He only had minor cuts on his forehead as he definitely hit something good. Did he stop? Nope, he climbed right back in ... all to obtain a new cardboard box. Watching people walk bay this new building is an adventure all in itself. Sometimes they don't realize that someone might be watching. A young man and his female friend walked by and he got frisky, pinched her, she stumbled, then smacked him good. Of course, they made up but I sure wish I had a camera. Maybe I should start a new column ... "Life of the Sidewalk Looker" Oh, clothes is another fun item to watch ... how could someone wear something like that ... fashion or no common sense? Time to run and get ready for "Chinese Food Night."

No comments: