Monday, January 07, 2008

Moving On

It is amazing that the days in 2008 are flying along. I hadn't realized that my last post was a week ago. I must have been having fun for the time to fly so fast. Bowling the last two weeks has been fun. We went 5-2 against the first place team and 7-0 against the second place team. Personally, my scores have been closer to what I am capable of so maybe the slump is gone and I can get ready for nationals in March. Next week the Youth leagues start so I will get some extra practice besides the fun of watching and helping some kids.

Lady and I took Lew and Lil Princess to see the "Festival of Lights" before they closed for the year on Sunday. It is amazing how many oohs and ahhs can come out of such a small mouth. The display was nice, pricey, but to see the kids faces was worth it.

Looks like we will go to South Carolina so see my niece graduate from Marine Boot Camp on January 25. Should be a nice quiet drive down and back.

Looks like we will skip the June - August time frame for a cruise and plan for one around late December 2008 or early January 2009. The consensus has been we want to do a Southern Caribbean or Eastern Caribbean at the least. Seems the Rummies are over-ruling the Tequila-ites.

The choir director at our church announced he had taken another job elsewhere and this Sunday was his last day there. That will throw the choir in to a bit a confusion as we will have to wait for someone else to be hired. last time that took several months. They don't pay a lot and the work includes two different services on Sunday Morning. Oh Well.

When the Redskins won by 21 over Dallas, they called it "divine intervention" and a sign that the stars were behind the Redskins. Now that they lost by 21 to Seattle ... what do you call that? It seems they are silent now. Well, since they are silent ... I will answer ... LOSER.

No comments: