Monday, July 23, 2007

Subs and grass

Back to the grind but at least it is a short week. I am paying the price today, as my legs are sore from bowling nine consecutive games yesterday. I needed to pre-bowl for the two weeks I will be gone. The Family picnic and Movie Night was great though I wish more of the kids had been there. The movie was a good one, “Love Comes Softly.” Sunday Lady, Lew and I had a picnic at the park and that was a lot of fun. Carl, Lynne and Paul joined us. I see a common theme here but I wish I could see the idea catch on.

Our Schedule:

Jul 27-30 – Road trip to Indiana to see Lady’s mom.

Aug 03-06 – Road trip to see my Mom.

Wild Mom is planning and scheming in preparation for my visit. Lady will be going along with Missy and the kids (Lew and Serenity). That trip should prove fun.

Lady is spoiling the new princess (Serenity). I am going to have to schedule my time so I can hold her when her eyes are open. I only get a minute or so when she sleeps. She is really looking forward to this weekend. There is a chance her best friend will come also. Therefore, there will be some major league chatting going on.

#1 is working and getting ready for his visit in September. The little birdie says he will move back here if he finds a job or at least that is what I heard.

#2 shows no change. He has a major league allergy to work and does everything to minimize the exposure. However, that will be changing very soon! The lack of a job means no spending money for the cruise and that is a definite bummer.

Peanut works, spends money, and visits friends. That is what I have been told.

Princess is passing out senior pictures, spending time with Davis and Brooke. She has even found some time to go to the fire station and be trained. Nothing has change with Booger except get our irritation levels higher. I figure it is just a matter of time until the Terminator shows up.

Starr dropped by Sunday. Of course, she is aging and made it to the whopping ripe old age of 23. We talked and managed to get caught up on many things. We were happy to find out she is not moving but staying close by.

##### ##### #####

The Tour De France continues and I am having fun watching the strategy that is being used to try to win. I think Levi is full of hot air. From what I see, he is reading his press more than creating it. He is nowhere near the rider lance was. Therefore, the American winning streak ends. He says he is waiting for the right time. Well, I see that he is not capable of riding in one stage and build up a commanding lead. He is barely hanging on to the rear wheel of the real leaders. Sorry Levi, lance could dominate a race but you need to work at it a lot harder and sadly, time is running out.

Well Major League Baseball sits idly by as Juicer Bonds assaults the home-run record. I like to watch the game of baseball but not after they sacrifice any integrity they have by turning their heads while a man cheats his way to the top.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you Daddy! It was good to see you guys yesterday! And bowling last night was fun, my last score was 84, that sucked, but other than that it ws fun.

~Jessie~