Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Hot Times in Virginia

I guess I should get caught up and be a little more diligent in posting here.

Our Schedule:
August – Beach trip
August – Bowling Starts (Last Weekend)
September – South Carolina??
December -- Cruise

In the past two weeks, we have made trips to Indiana and Florida. The trips were great but I am glad to be back home.

Wild Mom enjoyed the visit and did not want us to leave but we had too. We spent time with her while sacrificing a few hours to attend my uncle’s 75th. I spoke at Wild Mom’s church on Sunday night and everything went well. At least I was not run out of town. I decided against buying the land and trailer next to her. If it had just been land, I would have but I do not need a trailer.

Lady enjoyed the trip because she got plenty of time to hold the Lil Princess. I was limited to rest areas and meals. She is looking forward to getting back to work especially since it is a payroll week.

#1 is working and dealing with a sinus infection so we have not heard a lot from him.

#2 is plodding along and those jobs keep avoiding him. ((tick tick tick))

Peanut is working and saving up money for December. We cannot wait to see her with her new glasses. We must get a picture posted up here.

Princess turned 18. So now, she is grown and independent. We celebrated last night with a dinner, ice cream cake, and presents. She applied for her name change and we should know in a few weeks. I hope I bribed the judge enough. Hmmm! For all my joking, she has a special place in my heart and I would not trade this time for anything.

Punk did very well on the trip. For an almost 4 year old, he was surprisingly cooperative. Of course, the backseat of the car was filled with toys. Oh, 17 hours of “Ice Age” and “Shrek 2” will drive you bonkers … believe me. “Are we there yet?”

Lil Princess slept the time away. The only time we knew she was there was during diaper changes. Of course, in Florida, she was the center of attention.

########### ###########

Baseball allowed it. Jucier broke a record he should never have been close too. With everyone in BALCO being indicted, how can he say he is clean? “You are known by the company you keep.” To me Hank Aaron will be the Greatest Home Run Hitter there is until someone else with integrity breaks the record. Go A-Rod!!

Well, the Nationals have a new first. Their sorry pitching staff served up the ball for Jucier to hit. It was only fitting a losing team be the goat. They are so bad they could not even put a .500 pitcher on the mound. I vote we cancel the new stadium and let them play in the old stadium as befitting their sad sack ways. Who wants to pay more for less?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, I'm at the fire station and was thinking about you, I miss you and Mom and will try to stop by tomorrow for the cook out after class, I love you both!!!

~Jessie~