Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Musings of a Tired Ol' man

Well, life returns to normal after a brief respite. Satellite Dishes installed on the 12th floor on Saturday, last second web changes over the weekend, and then the usual things a weekend incurs.

I started reading “The Journey” by Billy Graham this week and I have found it a great reading so far. Its message is simple but straight to the point. Sometimes, I need at light tap by a 2x4 to get it through my thick skull.

Lady had her procedure done and every thing went well as all the suspicious places were accounted for. We arrived at the hospital at 6:45 am and got home about 3:00 pm. A long day especially for the tush having to endure those hard seats. On the 12th we go back for the results. We know will be good, so maybe we will play hooky. Thanks for the prayers and support.

Bowling Scene: We finished 3rd on our Sunday night league. Sure beats finishing next to the bottom. Summer Youth league will start in about 6 weeks so I can enjoy a few quiet Sunday afternoons till then. This weekend two of my students whom I coach will be bowling in a tournament. Good Luck Michaela and Tenairi.

Manassas will never be the same after Monday, 10 April. Wild Mom will be here to spread her cheer and perhaps some oats. She will spend 2 weeks with us and two with my brother.

I see the oil companies are adding to their profits again. Prices just keep escalating to what ever level they desire. Yes, we will squeal when the price hits 3.00. They will drop it .25 and we will waddle off smiling that we won all the while that price will leave us paying .60 more than last year. I still maintain that we either regulate the price or demand new refinery capability within 2 years. They can do it if pushed, but that also means the politicians will lose some of their “gifts”.

No comments: