Friday, April 21, 2006

Dreams of Sand Castles

Well, another week comes to an end. For the most part everything, though busy, went well. The bad part is that while it was sunny on the weekdays it will rain on Saturday and probably Sunday. Doesn't give anyone much of a chance to work on the house or yard. The call of the islands is growing louder. Right now the bug is satisfied by just browsing and dreaming of a trip.

In May, the company has us all participating in a behavioral study. Hey, I don't need anyone telling me I have no personality and my behavior isn't on the scale. So another fun time is in the making.

I need to start planning a birthday bash for someone turning 50 in May. HeHeHe .... :)

Lady has been under the weather with sinus problems and a slight cold. Maybe she needs to recuperate in the islands!

#1 and #2 - No change. Hmmm I wonder what the service life is on the X-box controller. When they wear out maybe something will happen. Not!

Mom - No word from the wild woman since she has gone to my brother's house. That could be bad or good.

Star - hope to see her soon when she comes up for Jacqui's baby which is due in early April.

Lew - Talking up a storm now. The question of the second is "what is this?" Sometimes I want to pull the last of my hair after about the 1000th question. But we wouldn't have it any other way.

*********

Can you believe that after a year New Orleans is still a pile of trash and within 6 months Cancun was rebuilt and back to normal. Who is the third world country?

They say the economy is doing great and inflation is low. But from where I sit the prices are climbing very fast. Gas prices increase .03 a day. By late May we will hit $4.00 a gallon. But it is ok to give some oil boss a $400 Million retirement package plus post billion dollar quarterly profits. In a near by county, the electric company is raising its prices 72% in June. Why, because the government allowed a price control instituted after de-regulation to expire. They didn't want to upset the Electric Company's boat. Insurance companies are dropping customers because of a loss while the Industry posts billion dollar profits. The County keeps raising my property taxes yet the road is a washboard, no sidewalks or any other civic improvements in my neighborhood. Oh well, I must have my rose colored glasses on and this is all an illusion. The only thing I know is real is that my pocket book is empty.

No comments: