Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Soap Box

It seems staying busy is the word for today. Tomorrow is the meeting in New Jersey. I hope I don't get mugged and dumped in the river by the mob. February is here .. Can someone tell me what happened to January?

I love what some people say to get me to work on their computer.

1. The laptop you set me up at work won't recognize the Ethernet connection I plug it into when I get home. But it works fine on the wireless at Work. ((We don't have wireless at work, she connects by Ethernet cable. She had no idea what the blue cat 5 cable was and thought the blinking hard drive light was actually her wireless and the blinking was the wireless activity.))

2. I am tired of switching from the user to the administrator on my laptop when I install software. Come and make my user account have administrator rights. ((Then go and give yourself the rights, you are logged in as Administrator.))

3. My printer hasn't worked all day. I have tried everything I know to get it too work. ((Put it back online))

4. Come help me. My email is broke. I haven't received any email for two days and I know my clients would send me something. So the server must be broke. (( Press the Send/Receive button. It was not set to automatically check for email. ))

5. I am missing my memory storage device. I know it was here since I used it last week. ((This Einstein was holding a 5 1/4 inch Floppy Disk. I have yet to see Dell ship a Pentium 4 with a 5 1/4 Drive.))

For my two cents -- I believe all major programs should be funded first (Social Security, Medicare, Military Spending, Education and such) before ANY pork barrel (earmarks) are funded. The Congress person's would only have what is leftover after the real programs are funded. But I don't think we will ever see that because the Congress person needs that to slush money in order to win re-election. In my system, the Congress person would have make sure Military Spending was done efficiently and at the best cost consistent with quality. Let the vendor overcharge by 200% and your pork barrel fund would get that much less.

No comments: