Thursday, September 08, 2005

Daily Thoughts - XVII

Well, I am sitting here taking a break from the studio build outs and will try and jot a few thoughts down.

My parents showed up for a few days. Their home escaped any damage this time. The wind and rain were there but the worse damaged was further to the west. My niece who lives in England was with them and the two of us were able to spend a few hours together. She came to the newsroom to see what her uncle did. The worst part of it was her wanting to conduct an interview with me and recording it in our studio and on CD. So after 11+ minutes of questions we were finished.

Son #2 called and sounded really upbeat with everything in Charleston WV. He starts back to school next week and this week got his uniforms. As he said, “I have a bunch of new friends.” Needless to say, it is a bit easier to live with Mom.

My nieces who were involved with MS-13 lost a bit of their freedom this week. One was arrested for parole violations and criminal charges. The other was locked up in the Girls Group Home. From what I have seen of the Child Welfare System in this state still sucks like it did when my son had his dealings with it. They say they are professionals but from my observations and personal experience they are sadly fooling themselves and the public that is paying their over-inflated salaries.

Role-play – Hmmm, let me see, “no comment.”

***** ***** *****

Judge John Roberts – A great nomination for Chief Justice.

To those affected by Katrina, my prayers and thoughts go with you. I watch the TV pictures and see places I have been too or at least what use to be there. I know exactly where they speak of as I have spent a portion of my life in this area from Pensacola to Louisiana.

As for the blame game, let’s stop it and worry about the recovery more. We all know what the agenda is for the Democrats involved in the finger pointing.

Good old Jesse Jackson, Mr. Go Off Half-Cocked. He blames President Bush for the racist response to the disaster. One of his examples is the two newspaper pictures and their caption of the people in the picture. Hmmm, Mr. Jackson, I believe President Bush didn’t take the pictures and concoct the captions. Why don’t you open your eyes and see that the newspaper editor did this. Last I knew the Federal Government hadn’t taken over the local papers. Oh, that is right; you haven’t realized yet that the media has an agenda too.

I expected as much from the talk show hosts down there trying to pad their ratings. As if there weren’t enough emotions running high, Geraldo Rivera had to run around whipping people up into frenzy and portray himself as a self proclaimed savior. Instead of grandstanding, get out and hunt for survivors. Help rescue people or better yet, start picking up some of those piles of trash and clean the place up. Make yourself useful and don’t waste good air time on your antics.

The Atlanta Braves roll while the Washington Nationals fold. I hope they have learned that the Post Season rings weren’t offered for the first half of the season. Looks like the Curly W is turning into a Bold L.

Gas prices. I love these knuckle heads who brag about driving their 8 mile per gallon custom vans. If the gas price doesn’t deter them then charge them a road use tax like you do for commercial trucks. If every one paid a road use tax of a $10.00 a year per pound over 4000 pounds, they would stop buying them gas hogs very quickly. I also hope someone investigates the Oil Industry on their price gouging following the hurricane. I vote that we set a federal gasoline price limit of $1.99 a gallon and when the oil companies stop making their >40% profits ($7.86 Billion) then we can let the oil companies set the price. If the numbers hold true at $1.99 they will still make a few hundred million as profit.

No comments: