Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Seeing God

 
I saw God today ... As I sat waiting for my test I had the fortune to talk with a gentleman who fought in Midway during WWII. Throughout the whole discussion he peppered his words with "Thank You Lord." More amazing was the fact during the 25 minutes or so, he never said one thing negative. Every thing was "I thank the Lord ... ." For example his feet hurt so much he could barely walk, but he responded, "I thank the Lord I can walk and that my feet don't hurt so bad today." His daughter who brought him complained about the traffic they had to deal with in coming there to the Hospital. I know, so did I. The gentleman's response was "I am so thankful the Lord gave us (his daughter) time to chat and that their car did not break down." How many times do we grouse about what is wrong and not give thanks for what was right? I was impressed with this man who had a thankful heart and more kind words than negative words. I hope would be able to reach a point where I felt more thankful than pointing out what is not right. How about you ... more thankful or negative?
 

No comments: