Monday, June 13, 2011

Road Trip Prep


This is the start of a busy two weeks for me. We leave Thursday to spend this weekend in the Atlanta area for some peace and quiet. Lady is looking forward to this trip! Next week is a whirlwind trip to Florida for a reunion and to bring Wild Mom back to Virginia for a short visit. This week I have a physical scheduled on Tuesday so that means a lot of poking and prodding. The Lab work was done last week. Youth Bowling started last night and it was ok. We are doing 2 person teams so the pressure is on me and Lew to perform. So now the challenge is to keep him focused on bowling and not on playing with the kids. I sometimes wonder when I will learn not to compete against the natural tendency of him to play. Work continues to maintain a level of frustration. Oh, the conference call on Friday about the possible new job went well. Onward to the next step. Not sure what that is but it sure sounds good.

This weekend included two birthday parties. Nothing like three kids (7,4,3) in a car for 90 minutes each way and hyped up on sugar. No wonder I don't have any hair. I love having a sponge bob sticky hand smack me on the side of the face while I drive. One downside to having a little one leave diapers for real underwear, "Papaw, I have to go to the bathroom" and that means stop very quickly even if you are deep in the woods. Gotta love it!

P.S. The Atlanta trip is really for Starr's and Casey Marriage on Friday the 17th.

No comments: