Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Is it Christmas, Thanksgiving or Halloween? The Stores don't know!

Let me see, it is November already. Anyone know where the time went? Bowling is progressing smoothly as we approach the midway point of the season in a few weeks. I sure hope the second half goes better. I hate being in last place. My job continues to require long hours. Just about when I think I have caught up and have a handle on things, the dam breaks and I am fighting for air all over. The vacation in Williamsburg Virginia at the end of November can't come soon enough.

Wild Mom is off camping in the new motor home and will return in a few weeks. Is that what retired life looks like? Hmmm. Lady's knee is getting better but it is still an annoyance. Though Sunday she did really good bowling when she rolled a 210. Sure beat everyone else that game. We always knew she had it in her. Once she gets the knee better and gets into bikini shape ... snort! The work scene at home remains the same with 3 of 4 persons gainfully employed. We all will be glad when #1 gets off the late shift and gets back to bowling before he forgets and can only manage a 145 average. The Fridge looks funny with all the work schedules hanging there. Great Christmas present though! AJ will have to find somewhere else to stick his pictures. Oops, no pins and staples on that wall! Lew, Lil Princess and AJ are doing well. Lil Princess and AJ are working on their attitudes. Trouble is we like it better before they started. Hopefully, the stonewalling, acting out and not hearing will go away as they get bigger. Is it wishful thinking? Starr left the grassy green fields of New Hampshire for the stubble of the Battlefields of Manassas this morning. Her and Chicken man will be moving in an apartment over on Yorkshire Lane. Isn't there a requirement that says kids will live X miles away from home when they move out? I must have misread the parenting guide. Oh, that is right, they never move out and then the rules are changed. Princess works all the time. Ruling her kingdom requires a major effort with little free time available. Someone promote her and give her a big pay raise!

The emphasis this Christmas will be on relationships and time spent together. So other than the grand kids, gifts and presents will be very minimal from me. I would rather spend time with you and have a meal with you. Lady is planning a great Thanksgiving meal and Christmas meal. So to start ... FREE FOOD with a grumpy old man on the side. I don't know anyone who would argue that the meal won't be great. So let's forget the commercialization and focus on relationships. If you disagree, please tell me.

1 comment:

Starr said...

Sounds like a marvelous idea! All I want for Christmas is time spent with family as well!! and free food with a side of grumpy old man for Thanksgiving sounds heavenly! I love you Daddy! I'm so glad to be home!