Monday, January 04, 2010

Rock Throwing Group

On the other side of the coin, it seems my "Rock Throwing Group" is still at it. You would think after a year of throwing rocks at the dead horse they would give up. But no, they still do and find pleasure in it. Please get a life and move on, those old bones will not come back to life so the continuing pummeling of the dead horse has no purpose except to make you feel good.

After listening to Pastor Jim on Sunday, I too agree that I am not who I should be when it comes to being a Christian. All I can do is keep trying and maybe one day get it right. I make no pretense that I have done everything right, made all the right decisions, or treated everyone correctly. I freely admit to my mistakes. But I only have to ask Jesus for forgiveness and with his blessing I am moving on. I have searched the Bible high and low and can only find one person who did it perfectly right ... and he is the one I am trying to live up too. So my little rock throwers, put your rocks away. As Christ wrote in the sand and said, "... you who are without sin cast the first stone ... " Well, you have thrown enough to kill the horse, maybe it is time you look at your life. Do you attend Church? Have you offered the olive branch of peace and forgiveness? Does your life speak to everyone as someone striving to be like Christ? I won't throw any rocks back. Stephen was stoned to death because he wouldn't lower his standards, and I won't either. What I believe to be wrong is just that ... wrong. I have my peace and forgiveness for that choice. Find another horse to stone! After more than a year ... get over it and do something else with your rocks. You have pressed for your freedom and emancipation since day one. You have it now ... so get a grip on your life and move on. Stoning this dead horse has accomplished nothing but waste a year of your freedom. Since we have been rejected because of our beliefs, we have moved on even to the point of changing our habits to avoid anywhere you frequent. If the sight of us bothers you so much why pelt us with rocks anymore and keep the memory alive? Move on and have your life with those you have so eloquently said are better than us and more of a family to you. Once again, why stone us again ... we have released you! Is it out of frustration that you have made the wrong choice and now regret it? It doesn't matter to us now ... as we live our life and move on, sadly without you in it. But that is what you wanted ... so it is a win-win situation. It is just irritating being stoned over this long dead horse. You want us to be better Christians ... well we are trying and changing our lives as Christ leads us. We suggest you might find a church to be part of and see how much Christ can change your life. It might be an eye opener! Judging Christians based on your feeling of us is the wrong way. Just because we have made mistake in our pursuit of being a Christian doesn't mean we worship the Devil ... that kind of counsel from friends, sadly shows their ignorance and reasons you should choose your friends better. Take your rocks and find something worthy to pummel.

This is my last post (I pray so) on this matter. Lady and I are moving on with our lives, we are tired of the pain and loss and sadly this new direction doesn't include you. If you insist on stoning the long dead bones of the horse ... you do so out of vindictiveness and hate ... I pray you find what Christ really means to you. Best wishes with your new family and friends. There is a time to put your rocks away and move on ... and the time is now.

1 comment:

traci said...

I cannot begin to say how proud I am of you. There is no room for hipocrisy in christianity, and we see it far to often. Proclaiming to be in higher standards than your peers when demeaning actions, hurtful words, and emotions void of christ only show that you are not what a christian should strive to be. Be cautious when pointing fingers at those who are on their own walk with christ. It is that, in it is their own and remains between them and their creator. As it is so, it is gods and only gods place to judge. That in mind, those who feel they need to judge others and their relationship with god should, once again before speaking, seriously consider having an intimate meeting with the front of a moving train.