Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Time Marches On

Well, five days till we hit the road to Vegas. Wild Mom is now here with us. We drove to Pigeon Forge last Friday and brought her back to Virginia. Of course we ate at The Old Mill and did some shopping first. The only down side to the whole weekend was that it rain the whole time. Coming back the trunk was crammed full along with half of the back seat ... and she packed light! We had to cut the shopping trip short since the car was full already. Lady is ready to go and anxiously awaits the day we leave. Though the grandkids will be missed ... we will have a blast and enjoy every minute of the trip. I wish a couple of my friends would be able to make it to Vegas for a visit but it seems doubtful.

Peanut and AJ are now in their own room downstairs. Wild Mom was happy to have somewhere to sleep other than the futon in the living room. Today, she even bought a small lamp so she could lay there and read at night. No change for #1 or #2 ... the job market is so quiet I even wonder if it exists. Since we were out of town last weekend we did not see Lew or Lil Princess. But we will get to see them this Saturday before we leave. I did manage to get a dress for Lil Princess and I will post pictures soon. Starr is still enjoying her job and has even managed to squeeze in a move to a new apartment. Wonders will never cease to happen ... I wonder what will happen when she turns 30? A pink dress with lace ruffles?

The bowling season is over for the leagues. The youth team finished in second losing the title by one pin. Ever doubt that one (1) pin counts? The adult team finished in the middle of the pack above .500. So that was good though it gives us room to improve next year. I did manage to get my goal on Sunday by rolling a 619 in the morning and a 655 that evening. The last series gave me enough pins to get my average to 185 for the year. A far cry from the 169 two years ago. I am hoping the slump is over and I can get back to where I belong ... in the mid 190's.

Work is the same ... a big pain. One project ends and they drop another one with a even shorter deadline. It is amazing how with just a couple of days left till we leave and the number of people that call me for computer work. It never fails. 5 people called me yesterday and today. Some of them I haven't heard from in almost a year. It is almost like the computers know my time is limited and take advantage of it.

I will post about our trip ... so stay tuned. Who knows, maybe even a few pictures.

No comments: