Monday, March 09, 2009

Time gets Shorter ....

Well, I guess spring has finally arrived ... so it is time to put up the jacket and get the shorts out. The worst thought is that the grass will start growing and before long the dreaded mower will have to come out and a weekly chore starts up once again. One more week of Bowling left and our Sunday's will be free for a about 10 weeks. The Youth team is in first place and the Sunday Night team is in the middle of the pack. Wild Mom should be starting her journey here sometime this week. We are supposed to pick her up in Pigeon Forge next Saturday. Peanut is happy as her new room is about done. Once the paint dries she can put the furniture together and set the room up. That also means AJ has a new are to explore and make his mark. Then we will have a few days to get the old room done and ready for Wild Mom. Lady is ready for the road trip about as much as I am. It is nice just to get away for a bit from the drama of normal everyday life. #1 and #2 are still waiting for the job fairy to visit. Lew and Lil Princess spent the weekend with us and we were in constant motion. We will miss them while we are gone ... but not enough to take them with us! Starr is doing well just working and getting healed up. We are proud she is hanging in there though the job is not the ideal one ... but it is a job and a paycheck.

I haven't drank any caffeine for two weeks and surprisingly I didn't have any withdrawal problems. especially considering how much tea and coffee I drink on a daily basis. I imagine my mood changed some ... but I am so lovable in the first place.

Only two weeks before we head for Las Vegas. I am looking forward to the drive out there and seeing the countryside once again. The last time we made that trip was 1990. Gee, have we been in Virginia that long? 19 years? Good thing I am ageless or I would feel old.

By time Obama undoes everything Bush did, we will be back to the Clinton Years. I said a small prayer today when Obama said that programs would be judged on their scientific value and not on their moral value. Why do we try so hard to destroy our values and play God our self? They also said the number of Christians are decreasing and the number of people believing in an unspecified higher power is increasing. Are we forcing History to repeat itself?

No comments: