Friday, February 20, 2009

Wonders of it All

Well, I came in early and still didn't manage to get out before HOV restrictions ... so I will write a bit before I join the rat race out of Washington DC. Adjusting to life after the cruise has not been easy this time. By the second week following previous cruises ... I was back to normal and in the grind. This time it is taking a major effort to even get started. Both bowling leagues are winding down and will be done by the 15th of March. We seem to be in the middle of the pack on both leagues though the potential to finish higher is more possible on the Youth League. About a month until I head to Las Vegas for a brief respite from work. Right now there is one open seat in the car for someone with aspirations of a Vegas holiday. I have mixed emotions about this year. While this year of bowling is better than last years, I still have some apprehension. Also, this time last year, George and I were planning this trip ... and now he is gone. I can still vividly recall that trip. This year will be my 19th year ... 6 more to go. Wild Mom is offline as her computer went on vacation. Well, more work for me. She will be here on the 16th of March. The plan is to drive down to Pigeon Forge and pick her up. My sister will get her there from Nashville, and Gung Ho Jen will get her from Florida to Nashville. She is being passed around like a worn football on Thanksgiving day. So hang on Old Mill Resturant and Apple Barn, we are coming soon. $$$$ Also Wild Mom's health is fine and she is in serious packing mode. Lady is looking forward to the trip also but there is one cloud in the sky. AJ is scheduled for heart surgery sometime soon and that will impact our plans a lot. Peanut is fine just having so much fun working. Pssst, #1 had an interview ... could that mean the great job freeze is done with? Imagine Grumpy with money in his pockets! Of course, #2 isn't so lucky ... but the Bible does say there will be miracles and wondrous happenings in the end times. Lew and Lil Princess are great and a pure joy to be with ... well, for the most part ... as with any 2 and 5 year old ... they will be kids. Starr is working but I don't have a lot of information ... we play phone tag a lot. Work is the same ... it sucks for the most part. It seems when they pass out the VP titles ... they also collect any common sense to be returned only upon their retirement or death. If I had to rate anything, I would say work is my biggest stress generator.

No comments: